Zambrano an all star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zambrano an all star

congrats to carlos for being selected to the allstar game. he certainly deserves it!

Zambrano definitely deserved it! So did Barrett. Unfortunately, he got snubbed. What NL catcher has hit better than Barrett this season?

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
      Zambrano definitely deserved it! So did Barrett. Unfortunately, he got snubbed. What NL catcher has hit better than Barrett this season?
      eh, its hardly the only snub going on. bigger snubs happened in the AL than in the NL. and Nomar was a big snub and bigger than barrett.

Comment

Hopefully Carlos will get in the game long enough to get an at bat and show the national audience his hitting prowess.
        A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Great to see Zambrano selected. Too many people overlook him due to the ongoing Prior/Wood injury soap opera.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I am glad the Cubbies at least got one person selected...

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo1691
              I am glad the Cubbies at least got one person selected...
              Every team has to have at least 1 representative. I'm surprised at how many people didn't already know this.

Comment

"Z"'s stuff is as good as any stuff in the game. No doubt he would be ranked as top-tier, dominating, and All Star level. Whats amazing is even after his lousy start he's come back and dominated despite being on a team that couldn't hit for him. His stuff can be very hard to hit and its a testament to the Sox bats that they hit him at all yesterday.
                "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                  Every team has to have at least 1 representative. I'm surprised at how many people didn't already know this.
                  does that representative have to play in the game.
                  2007 World Series Prediction Chicago Cubs Win against Detroit Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by ArealBASEBALLfan
                    does that representative have to play in the game.
                    Nope. I'm glad to see Z make it, but really our team doesn't deserve having any one else on the team.

Comment

Its one of the dumbest rules about the All Star game. Mark Redmond but not Verlander, Schilling or that kid from the Twins? You gotta be joking.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X