Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am disgusted with the way this team is run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am disgusted with the way this team is run.

If any other team was doing this badly with a $95 million payroll, wouldn't changes have been made by now? Why are the Cubs run by incompetent morons?

Originally posted by otis89
    If any other team was doing this badly with a $95 million payroll, wouldn't changes have been made by now? Why are the Cubs run by incompetent morons?
    I think productive payroll v/s dead payroll is important.

Here is what I mean.

Including signing bonus Wood is due $12.5mil well lets take $10.95mil off that because he is more than likely done for the year, so that is how much he was paid that was unproductive.

This is just using basic math..

Yearly salary divided by 162 then multiplied by the games he was on the roster for...

Same math for DLee

Unproductive money:
    $3.15mil

Prior:
    $1.62mil

Add that to the various other minor injuries... then we are talking we are WAY lower in the list on payroll

Take the amount off that we paid injured players and shockingly we are under $80 million on the payroll.

Now with that said..
    we need players that will not cost us this much unproductive money each year.

Wood is a no no.

Prior is a risk.

Players with the build of Aramis might scare me too... (can they last 162?)

People with the track record like Nomars... Not worth the risk, don't even try them.

Just one way of looking at it anyways.

BELIEVE

Comment

22% of the payroll has been injured. (plus pagan, one of the guys counted on in the bench). Granted, Lee was a fluke, but it happened, nonetheless.

It all comes down to starting pitching. Other teams have it, the cubs dont. Carlos isnt a guy who can pitch all 162 games you know. When you have so much money riding on two injured pitchers that everyone knows is going to be injured, yet not having a backup plan, who does that fall on? Since this year wont be fixed, they have to sign a free agent pitcher in the offseason, maybe even get two.

Zito is certainly one you have to look at on the FA market. also consider trading for another. You just cannot have a black hole in 3/5 of your rotation for 3 months and expect to compete. you just arent going to win with any consistency if your ERA is ranked 15th in the NL.

Comment

What is really bad, is the fact that even though WE have all that money tied up in Prior/Wood, if they can't stay healthy and contribute what are we going to do? Who would take them? And if we were able to get rid of them, they would probably both be all-stars the next year (Nomar, Patterson, even Koronko)! What to do?

Comment

Frankly Im a little surprised. When I look at this team, even as it is now, I just dont see a 100 loss team. So yeah, the "way the team is run" is a big part of this, but still, this group "shouldnt" be on a 100 loss pace.
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X