Help, I think am becoming a Nationals Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, I think am becoming a Nationals Fan

I have been monogamous to the Cubs for 46 years. I moved to DC when I was 11, and have only been a Cubs fan. As a Nationals season ticket holder, I now have another lovable loser in my life. July 21, 22, 23 is the grand re-opening of RFK, and there will be a lot of hoopla. The Cubbies are in town. The sole reason for me to be own Nats tickets. I will certainly be wearing my Cubs 1908 World Champions hat, but I usually wear a Nats shirt. I only have about 10 cubs shirts to chose from, but the Nats shirt, and Cubs hat combo is calling me.

The similarities between the two teams increase every day--our managers, our records.

At the end of the day, I will always be among the Cub faithful, but at least I have a local home team now.

Which shirt do I wear?

Cubs__
    Nats__
    Cubs
    30.00%
    Wrigley Field
    15.00%
    Nats Giveaway that I'll receive that weekend
    20.00%
    Nationals inaugural home opener
    35.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by KennyK
    I have been monogamous to the Cubs for 46 years. I moved to DC when I was 11, and have only been a Cubs fan. As a Nationals season ticket holder, I now have another lovable loser in my life. July 21, 22, 23 is the grand re-opening of RFK, and there will be a lot of hoopla. The Cubbies are in town. The sole reason for me to be own Nats tickets. I will certainly be wearing my Cubs 1908 World Champions hat, but I usually wear a Nats shirt. I only have about 10 cubs shirts to chose from, but the Nats shirt, and Cubs hat combo is calling me.

The similarities between the two teams increase every day--our managers, our records.

At the end of the day, I will always be among the Cub faithful, but at least I have a local home team now.

Which shirt do I wear?

Cubs__
    Nats__
    Since ya already sport the Nats avatar... move on...

being a cubs fan while it lasted was fun im sure...

but there will be a new cubs fan to take your place as you leave...

best of luck to you and your new team.
    BELIEVE

Comment

I want an avatar that alternates between the Cus and Nats, but I don't know how to do it.

Comment

Wrigley field shirt. I have about four, they're great.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyK

Look it's always great to have a second team that you root for, especially when you're a Cubs fan and the Cubs are usually out of contention by July. Personally, I've recently adopted the Mariners as my second team (with Oakland, SD, Dbacks and ChiSox still keeping my interest) but under no circumstance would I bail out on the Cubs despite their record or chance on making the playoffs. That's been my team since childhood and no amount of losing is going to change that. I understand the frustration, but any "fan" who even thinks of adopting the secondary team as their new favorite team had a flawed relationship from the get-go.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Yeah, I've found it's good to have a secondary team.

In '99, I became a Red Sox supporter, mostly because I had Pedro, Nomar, and Varitek on my fantasy team that year, and of course the Cubs were gawd-awful that year. Since then, I've become a bigger Red Sox fan, especially after they kicked some Cardinal tail in the WS, cause I love to see the Cards lose.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Nats and Cubs have a lot in common. A lot of bad trades, underperforming players, 2nd half collapses, playoff collapses, ownership issues, etc.
              The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
              Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I would go for the Nats shirt, Cubs hat combo.

Best of both worlds. (although people are going to think your having an idenity crisis )
                Last edited by RedSoxVT92; 07-04-2006, 09:58 PM.
                go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

While i think its good to have a second team ( i do, the Pirates) i'm a bit old fashioned and think that you should stick with the team you 1st chose. Thats why i think you should wear the cubs shirt
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                  [/SIZE]

Comment

Which shirt do I wear?
                    I actually broke down and bought a MLB cap last year, "Sox". I bought the cheapest I could find and its the only MLB piece of clothing I own. That's how much I like paying %10,000 markup on clothing sewn for pennies by foreign kids chained to tables in sweatshops.

What a scam MLB is Sticking it to the fans every chance they get.

If you knew how much that $120 jersey actually cost to be made the wearing of "which one" would be the last question we'd ask ourselves.
                    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

I believe you stay with the team you first pick...win (although I haven't see much of those in awhile either)...lose (many many of those)...or well...lose...

I live in DC and had a short crisis for a minute when the Nats came to town. But I'll always bleed black and orange.
                      Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

Always go with the team that gave you your way. I could move to Boston, not see a Cubs game for 10 years but if they came to town I deffinently would wear Cubs. However, I dont have this problem because I will always wear Cubs. Moving would'nt change that.
                        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X