Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrigley Injuries?

Hello everyone,

I have a difficult question to ask. But being true hardcore baseball fans, I'm sure it won't be that hard!

I'm having a heck of a time locating some statistics...perhaps some knowledgeable old-time fan can give me a hand.

I'm trying to locate statistics involving outfielder injuries--specifically injuries received from players hitting the metal doors in the Wrigley outfield.

As I watched the Crosstown this past weekend I saw Matt Murton smash against the metal doors in left field. Thankfully he was not injured, but surely over Wrigley's long history some players--Cubs or otherwise--must have been hurt. They do not have to be serious injuries--even a sprained ankle or a bruise is sufficient.

If anyone can provide ANY information about this, I'd be most grateful. If you are able, PLEASE provide the name of the resource from which you obtained the stats (a certain website, book, etc).

Thanks a million!!

Rob

Ps

One last note--

If the GAME DATE, OPPOSING TEAM, INJURED PLAYER'S NAME, AND TYPE OF INJURY can be provided it would help a TON.

Thanks again!!!

Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am working on finding this info for you.

As you might suspect, this data will not be easy to collect. I will keep you posted on what I find.

By the way, welcome to Baseball-Fever.com

BELIEVE

Comment

I'm not sure on giving the exact injuries and species, etc but retrosheet has a good collection of box scores that he can work through to find some stuff.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

It may be old news to most here, but that site posted by Bob (http://www.retrosheet.org/) is amazing.

Comment

Strange but I cant remember one serious injury from running into those doors. As far as I'm concerned those doors should be padded because one serious injury is one to many.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Ben Grieve hit the wall (I don't think it was a door, but rather the bricks behind the ivy) a few years ago and his sunglasses cut his forehead.
              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
                Ben Grieve hit the wall (I don't think it was a door, but rather the bricks behind the ivy) a few years ago and his sunglasses cut his forehead.
                BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X