Tribe fans need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribe fans need your help

AJ has now moved ahead of Liriano and our boy HAFNER in the AL final vote on MLB.com....can you help us out and vote for Hafner as many times as you can so we can get Hafner in the all star game where he should be anyways...with his .314 svg/24 homers/70 RBIs/.461 OBP and .656 SLG...it should also be noted that he trails only Pujols in OBP, SLG and OPS....and we all know how much everyone hates AJ!! So VOTE PRONK!!! And get him in the All Star game!!!
    Last edited by E.Banks#14; 07-06-2006, 03:51 PM.

Originally posted by TribeCubsfan25
    AJ has now moved ahead of Liriano and our boy HAFNER in the AL final vote on MLB.com....can you help us out and vote for Hafner as many times as you can so we can get Hafner in the all star game where he should be anyways...with his .314 svg/24 homers/70 RBIs/.461 OBP and .656 SLG...it should also be noted that he trails only Pujols in OBP, SLG and OPS....and we all know how much everyone hates AJ!! So VOTE PRONK!!! And get him in the All Star game over A GAY!!!
    If there an age requirement for this forum?
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

AJ shouldn't even be in the discussion...the AL already has 2 catchers they don't need another and he doesn't even have double digit homers or 30 rbis....why would he be on this ballot?

Comment

Originally posted by TribeCubsfan25
        AJ shouldn't even be in the discussion...the AL already has 2 catchers they don't need another and he doesn't even have double digit homers or 30 rbis....why would he be on this ballot?
        Do you know who put him there?

P.S. I've voted for Pronk over 100 times...help me help Pronk!
        CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Sorry, I'm voting Liriano.

No doubt Pronk is a masher, he's been doing great work for my H2H league, but Liriano is just more dominating.
          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

He's only been doing it since Late May!! Hafner has been doing it since April 2nd!

Comment

Multiple exclamation points aren't going to change my mind.
              Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
                Sorry, I'm voting Liriano.

No doubt Pronk is a masher, he's been doing great work for my H2H league, but Liriano is just more dominating.
                I voted for Liriano too, AJ is a known jerk but Pronk is on the same level.
                Last edited by E.Banks#14; 07-06-2006, 03:49 PM.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
                  WHAT? Explain. Seriously. Now.
                  Last edited by RBi; 07-06-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

People like calling him names, kinda childish if you dont know the guy, but he's having a great season and has become a top tier catcher on a World Championship team thats currently 55-29. "That" you cant take from him! I have buddies who are Cub fans who still sear on a Bible that AJ was the one responsible for that nit-wit Barrett throwing that punch, "which BTW cost the Cubs their 1st string catcher for 10 games'. Nothing is going to change their minds about it and this concept is often called "denial".

Well....Barrett apologized, so in the end he showed he had some class. As for AJ? hes .326/.371/.446 and is difficult to run on. He's earned the All Star team! No matter what you think of him he's earned it!

Barrett is becoming a top tier catcher himself, with his best years ahead. He too will be an asset if he ceases to be a "jerk", yaknow he's built quite a reputation himself".

But as much as I dont like him, and barring criminal actions, its Barretts play that determines my vote. Frankly I'd just as soon not see any of my Sox go to this ridiculous game, and instead rest up. The voting process and criteria for it have turned it into a joke. A "joke" thats every bit as legit as the voting for "most popular girl/boy" in high school.

No, I take that back. At least in high school you knew the poeple you were voting for.
                    Last edited by E.Banks#14; 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM.
                    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                      People like calling him names, kinda childish if you dont know the guy,

I have buddies who are Cub fans who still sear on a Bible that AJ was the one responsible for that nit-wit Barrett throwing that punch, "which BTW cost the Cubs their 1st string catcher for 10 games'.
                      Sort of odd that you call namecalling "kinda childish" then call Barrett a nit-wit...

BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                        He's earned the All Star team! No matter what you think of him he's earned it!
                        He didn't even earn the right to be on the ballot, and to be voted in over Liriano or Hafner is as much of a joke as he is.

Comment

I voted for Liriano but it didn't matter as AJ won the voting...

Comment

I had no idea that Pronk was a known jerk...you sure of this Bob? And regardless, you should've voted based on stats not attitude. It's actually laughable that Pronk wasn't selected in the fan voting alone. Then to be snubbed by Ozzie is laughable. Then to top it all off to lose to AJ in the last man contest is a traveshamockery. I'd say one of hte biggest all-star snubbs in recent memory.
                            Witnessing a team doing a complete 180 since the 2003 playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Nverve1
                              I had no idea that Pronk was a known jerk...you sure of this Bob?
                              Hafner IS NOT a jerk. I have no idea where that comes from. Completely baseless. COMPLETELY.

I'm a Tribe fan. I know how he behaves for 162 games. He's not a jerk. Rather, he's a great guy with a great sense of humor who is one of the most popular members of the clubhouse.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X