I raised it a few months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I raised it a few months ago

And you guys said no. But now looking back do you still think Tejada/Bedard for Prior and prospects was a bad idea? I think it could only have improved us.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Our staff would still stink without Prior, but Prior is still young. I don't see trading him away as of yet or then. If I remember correctly, they didn't want to give up Bedard in the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
      Our staff would still stink without Prior, but Prior is still young. I don't see trading him away as of yet or then. If I remember correctly, they didn't want to give up Bedard in the deal.
      The "O"s were a little nervous about Priors status and the Cubs being up front about his shoulder. OK, now you get Tejada. What do you do with Cedeno? The guy hit .371 last time out with Iowa and is going to develop into a top tier SS, "and also one you grew at home". Mark my words, and I know he's cooled off lately, but Ronnie is going to end up a real good SS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this trade never really got past the "talk" stage right?
      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
        The "O"s were a little nervous about Priors status and the Cubs being up front about his shoulder. OK, now you get Tejada. What do you do with Cedeno? The guy hit .371 last time out with Iowa and is going to develop into a top tier SS, "and also one you grew at home". Mark my words, and I know he's cooled off lately, but Ronnie is going to end up a real good SS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this trade never really got past the "talk" stage right?
        not really, especially once they found out that they didnt want to include bedard in the deal. the O's needed to include some pitching talent.

Comment

Ronnie still belongs in triple-A. If he's supposed to be a top-tier shortstop he certainly doesn't belong in the majors this early when he has a .291 OBP and a .645 OPS and he's being played full-time.

Originally posted by Lipsander
          If we wait until he's not young anymore we'll never be able to dump him off on anybody.
          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Mark my words, and I know he's cooled off lately, but Ronnie is going to end up a real good SS.

I think so too, he's very fast, plus I really think he will pick it up on the power side.

Comment

I think the Cubs were crazy not to make it happen. I dont care if they wanted Prior AND Ronnie and maybe another prospect, they should have made it happen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X