Extension or Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension or Trade

I think that we should keep Pierre just because Pie just cannot be consistent in the minors, and also, who are we going to find thats better than Pierre. So do we keep him and try to resign him or do we trade him @ the trading deadline?
    Resign him to an extension
    60.00%
    Trade him, see what we can get for him
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by aramis4president
    I think that we should keep Pierre just because Pie just cannot be consistent in the minors, and also, who are we going to find thats better than Pierre. So do we keep him and try to resign him or do we trade him @ the trading deadline?
    Depends on what we can get for him at the deadline. If we can get something on the line of Nolasco & Pinto (two 5-10 prospects) and an MLB ready to give guy then yeah pull the trigger. If not then eat Pierre and try to sign him to a 3year deal at around 8 million per year; at worst he becomes good bait in the future.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

It doesn't hurt to try, so I say we package Kerry Wood, Juan Pierre, & Mark Prior for Ichiro Suzuki. He is the best lead-off hitter in baseball. I think the Mariners might consider it.
      Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pierre is a keeper. If he stays in Chicago just watch, I bet I'm proven right.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

I think we should listen to offers but ultimately best for the team long term is to resign him and go into next year with one of our long-time weak spots filled. If Pie works out then we have a really good trade piece that can bring value in return, everyone is always looking for a proven lead off hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            Depends on what we can get for him at the deadline. If we can get something on the line of Nolasco & Pinto (two 5-10 prospects) and an MLB ready to give guy then yeah pull the trigger. If not then eat Pierre and try to sign him to a 3year deal at around 8 million per year; at worst he becomes good bait in the future.

Us being stupid enough to give that much for Pierre and us finding someone else stupid enough to give that much for Pierre are two very different things. I sure hope Hendry can pull something like that off, but I highly doubt it.

However, the thought of signing him to a 3y/$24M contract sets off my gag reflex. And letting him just walk away for nothing is even worse.

This dilemma is just part of the reason I thought this trade was so horrible in the first place.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X