Glendon gets the start!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glendon gets the start!?!

Today was supposed to be Prior vs. Davis, correct? Then why on cubs.com does it have glendon rusch pitching today. i want 2 know why he is still on this team! he is not good.
    Last edited by RBi; 07-09-2006, 10:14 AM. Reason: language

Scheduled starter Mark Prior was a late scratch for Sunday's series finale in Milwaukee due to a strained left oblique muscle.

So....

Who do you start then?

Howry?
    BELIEVE

Comment

What was that Bruce Willis movie with Samuel L. Jackson where Jackson played a character whose bones were extremely fragile? Unbreakable I think. Wood and Prior would've been better suited for Jackson's role.

Apparently Mark obtained the oblique strain in batting practice.

And you're correct, Glendon doesn't deserve to be in the major leagues; he'd be better off in single A.
      A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

The Southside has starting pitching issues as well and I'm running out of patience with it. The hitting, and 56 wins, of the Sox is masking a potential time bomb. If I were to bet money on the 2 teams to make the WS right now it would be the Mets and the Tigers, mostly on the strength of their pitching.

The northside??? The hell with Wood and Prior, Ive been saying it for months. I like Marmol, Marshall, and Guzman, "especially Marmol and Marshall" and the more innings these youngsters see this year the better off for the Cubs. Marmol has shown flashes of "Zambrano type" dominance and Marshall is going to develop into a top "control-lefthander". The kid has had a heavy load dumped on his shoulders this year and he's handled it like a 10 year veteran.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

well, he won. i guess thats good.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
            well, he won. i guess thats good.
            5 IP, 2 ER is good for Rusch. It's "good" for just about anybody.

Comment

I was shocked to see good old Glendon actually pitch well..

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                5 IP, 2 ER is good for Rusch. It's "good" for just about anybody.
                definitely tolerable as an emergency start.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                  definitely tolerable as an emergency start.
                  There's been times this year when he's had good stuff. All in all a nice series for the Cubs up in Milwaukee.
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                    There's been times this year when he's had good stuff. All in all a nice series for the Cubs up in Milwaukee.
                    it all happens because i was out of town for the weekend. i only listened to todays game on the radio with lots of static (had to go thru two stations on the cubs network). I was at a scifi/fantasy convention.

maybe i need to go on more convention trips.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X