Fire sale to begin soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire sale to begin soon?

I've been thinking about it, the Cubs aren't going anywhere, even if they got some starful names in there.

Derrek Lee? ha, 2006 season is lost.
    Juan Pierre? Expensive CF, will get more money after season's over
    Aramis Ramirez? He's there, yet again he's not.
    Michael Barret? Injury plagued and violent Barrett still posted good numbers, he's still very expensive.
    Mark Prior? I wonder if he'll ever be healthy.
    Kerry Wood? Time limited in Chitown and 13.5 million option may be declined, besides, he was never healthy anyway.
    Ryan Dempster? Canadian bust proves Hendry overpaid.
    Cezar Izturis? He's good when not on the DL, lasted 17 games, you have Cedeno anyway.
    Jacque Jones? Finally something nice to say, consistent production, but, you wonder how much longer he'll last.

I say the Cubs need to rebuild and stop dreaming and people need to stop overrating them so much, you should shop most of these players for prospects you desperately need.

This isn't against you, I've always supported the Cubs, but no, they're just an embarrassement.
    Cristobal

If we were going to be in a fire sale, it would have happened before the trade deadline so we could have got alot more in return. If you are talking about the offseason, then yeah it could happen, but I doubt it. As far as the embarassment comment, you are right, we are now. We just dropped behind the Pittsburgh Pirates for last place. :<

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
      I've been thinking about it, the Cubs aren't going anywhere, even if they got some starful names in there.

Michael Barret? Injury plagued and violent Barrett still posted good numbers, he's still very expensive.
      Kerry Wood? Time limited in Chitown and 13.5 million option may be declined, besides, he was never healthy anyway.
      Cezar Izturis? He's good when not on the DL, lasted 17 games, you have Cedeno anyway.
      Jacque Jones? Finally something nice to say, consistent production, but, you wonder how much longer he'll last.

I say the Cubs need to rebuild and stop dreaming and people need to stop overrating them so much, you should shop most of these players for prospects you desperately need.

This isn't against you, I've always supported the Cubs, but no, they're just an embarrassement.
      leave the thinking to others please.

Comment

Lee isn't going anywhere.

Aramis can opt out of his contract so it is unlikely they can trade him.
        Wood is basically going to be a free agent next year so again he isn't going to be traded.
        Barrett has one year left on his contract and is going to make something like 5 million dollars. He isn't expensive and the Cubs have really no one who is going to be able to play catcher. So unless they trade for a blue chip catching prospect he isn't going anywhere either.
        Dempster? Who is going to trade for him?
        Prior? He is young under 6 years and cheap. No reason to trade him.
        Pierre? After the season he is a free agent, cannot trade him.
        Jones" He has 2 more years on his contract he is probably tradeable but I doubt they would get much.
        Cesar? Sure they could trade him

So your fire sale basically consists of two bit parts.

Though it is true that after this season this team could get blown up. Aramis gone, Wood gone, Pierre gone, some new outfielders, and some new pitchers.

Comment

Cubs have to wait until the season ends to do this, but they really don't have a lot to trade off that will command a big return. Derrek Lee has value, but I don't see the Cubs being interested in moving him.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06

Wow, I am soooo glad your not JH.

1. DLee is not going anywhere. He has a freak accident and you want to send him packing??? Who are we going to play at first?
            2. JP is more then likely going to be back for a few more years, and rightfully so. We have been looking for a lead off hitter for how long now? And he is starting to finally pull it together here and starting to produce like we all knew he could.
            3. Michael Barrett being injury plagued????? WTF?¿? He takes a foul ball off of his dingleberries and twig! Has internal bleeding and your saying he is Injury Plagued??? Why should he even come back right now? We are not going to finish anywhere but in the celler.
            4. Mark Prior well he is young enough to where he can work things out. Remember he hasn't pitched but a few times in the last 2 and a half years. He will be back to form soon no need to rush him at this point.
            5. Kerry Wood is going to be a great Closer at a discounted price for us by mid year 07'. He will resign with us at a VERY discounted rate since he has not pitched an actual game in how long???? No team is going to give him anything to pitch unless it is relief and then no team is going to risk the INJURY PLAGUED (He is injury Plagued) Wood a contract worth anything.
            6. Just a racist comment all together that I am not going to say too much on. We all know he is not a closer and that last years closer performance he displayed was a fluke.
            7. Izzy is a gold glove caliber SS and should have a few burst of sidelining for a while until he can get over his injury spell. Not a huge problem as long as we can get a Soriano/Durham type player for 2nd base next year.
            8. J.Jones Well the only thing that I can half way agree with you on. He is not going to get anybetter but the good thing is that he should not slack off any either.

If you are going to copmplain about something why not look at Rusch's contract, The fact that Rothschild can not get a pitcher over the hump as far as breaking through their shell, Bakers wacky line ups, the scouts out in the feild and last but not least Jim Hendrys lack of ability of being able to sign a F.A. or trade for a player that we absolutely need and not signing a mediocre replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Simpson
              6. Just a racist comment all together that I am not going to say too much on. We all know he is not a closer and that last years closer performance he displayed was a fluke.
              I am Canadian, so it isn't.
              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X