'bout dang time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'bout dang time!

Wade Miller will be making his Season Debut, reports Len Kasper. I hope he does well and we can resign him and hope for success.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Yep. Just what the Cubs need. Another injury prone starting pitcher.

Comment

An injury prone SP with no velocity at all right now.

Comment

Nice of Hendry to pay him 1 mil $$ to rehab his shoulder.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
          Nice of Hendry to pay him 1 mil $$ to rehab his shoulder.
          It's the risk you take in those situations, he was SUPPOSE to be ready in June. Unlike the gambles that Jim took in Dempster and Williamson, Miller's arm wasn't able to rebound in time.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            It's the risk you take in those situations, he was SUPPOSE to be ready in June. Unlike the gambles that Jim took in Dempster and Williamson, Miller's arm wasn't able to rebound in time.
            Expecting a labrum repair like that to come back by june was not wise. Still it was only 1 m invested and in the grand scheme of things its small potatoes. But the basic concept of spending 1 m to finance the rehab a pitcher who never had any previous connect to your organization, and who probably never will, just doesn't look good.

Hendry is just to much of a gambler and he exists in the fantasy world to much. I guess a GM of a team thats always going to fill that lovely, quaint old ballpark no matter win/lose can afford to dream like that. Cub fans should hope his Kerry Wood fantasy has run its course. And the Wade Miller one is still born. Signing Miller for next year would be lunacy.

To many MLB pitchers think we have medical procedures from the show Star Trek. I really wonder how many of these Labrum repairs are necessary? Back in the day starters regularly pitched 300+ innings a year and without MRIs they didnt have Labrum tears.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Yes, but you have to look at the possibilty, there could've been a chance he went back to his old self this year after everything was healed. Obviouslly he pitched way after we had hoped for, I still think we should sign him to another cheap contract, NOT depend on him to lead a pitching rotation, have him fight his way into the rotation in spring training and if we do lose it wouldnt be that much of a deal. We always have starting pitchers to fall back on. What will damage us though is if Hendry expects Miller to pitch quality every year.
              "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X