Rusch Shut down:Blood Clot in Lung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusch Shut down:Blood Clot in Lung

man, scary news for Glendon Rusch tonight. Im glad they caught it in time, because its definitely life threatening.

CHICAGO -- Cubs pitcher Glendon Rusch was hospitalized on Tuesday night with a blood clot in his right lung, and is done pitching for the season.

Rusch, 31, had a pulmonary embolism, Cubs athletic trainer Mark O'Neal said on Wednesday. The left-hander will remain hospitalized for two to three days, and be on blood-thinning medication for three to six months, O'Neal said.

O'Neal said Rusch was in the weight room at Wrigley Field when he felt pain in the right side of his chest radiating up to his shoulder.

Dr. Stephen Adams, the Cubs physician, determined the problem was not muscle related, and Rusch was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

"Is it life threatening? Yes," O'Neal said. "This was caught early. We're obviously very thankful that we didn't sit on this, and he was evaluated last night.
    http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc

He needed to be shut down a long time ago. But I hate to see him shut down because of the blood clot not ineffectiveness.
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Good thing they shut him down. If they didn't, he could have got very hurt or possibly die from the blood clot in his lung. May we say the best prayers for Sir Glendon James Rusch.

Comment

Prayers accomplished that he gets well and goes home to his family soon.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

My wife's cousin died @ the age of 32 of that.

Comment

I hope Rusch gets better soon.

Comment

yea you never want to hear something like that

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X