Complete Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Game!

For the first time in a long time we all have something to cheer, We wont go down in hisotry as the only team to have no complete games in 1 season. Rich Hill was terrific today. He could'nt have done a better job. I think its great how good hes done when most of us wrote him off earlier this year or in my case last year. Congratulations Rich Hill! :gt
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

best game i attended this year. first game i went to of the past 5 i had tickets too.

I have to be honest with ya, i didnt think hill would amount to much in the majors because he didnt seem all there in the head and he was much too tentative.

this second time around THIS year (actually the 3rd time around being that he had a few weeks up last year) he has been DAMNED impressive. his ERA in the past like 5 starts is under 2

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
      best game i attended this year. first game i went to of the past 5 i had tickets too.

I have to be honest with ya, i didnt think hill would amount to much in the majors because he didnt seem all there in the head and he was much too tentative.

this second time around THIS year (actually the 3rd time around being that he had a few weeks up last year) he has been DAMNED impressive. his ERA in the past like 5 starts is under 2
      In Hill's second stint with us in 2006, he's appeared in 10 games, 9 being starts, going 64 2/3 IP, giving up 44 hits, 16 earned runs, 6 hrs, 17 bb, 60 k, 2.27 ERA, 0.94 WHIP, .197 BAA. In his last six starts, he's gone 43 IP, giving up 26 hits, 6 earned runs, 3 hrs, 6 bb, 41 k, 1.26 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, .179 BAA. The biggest difference between Rich now and Rich early 2006/late 2005 is that Hill is establishing his fastball, especially the high heat. When he does that, it makes his nasty curveballs (he has more than just the big bender) even nastier. If Rich can continue to do that, then he does have the makings of a solid #2/#3 starter in the MLB.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

How many pitchers are there that are better than Rich Hill at this current time? I said over the last six starts Hill has been the best pitcher in baseball, and a friend claims hes not.
        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
          How many pitchers are there that are better than Rich Hill at this current time? I said over the last six starts Hill has been the best pitcher in baseball, and a friend claims hes not.
          over the last 6 starts, you MAY have a claim. hed certainly rank in the top 5 over that span. and would certainly rank among the best this month.

Comment

If you just subtract out the August 11 start in Colorado from his last ten, you get:

W-L ERA IP H ER BB K
            6-1 1.50 60.0 38 10 12 59

I'd say that's pretty darn good . . . .
            Last edited by honus14; 09-18-2006, 08:43 AM.
            Patrick

"Can't anybody play this here game?" -- Casey Stengel

Comment

Anyone know what Santanas stats have been in his last 6 starts?
              -Rogers Hornsby-

-Rogers Hornsby-

Comment

Last six starts for each:

Code:
                                IP     H     ER    ERA     BB   SO                                
                Santana         43.1   28    7     1.45     6   50
                Hill            43     26    6     1.26     9   41
                Last edited by honus14; 09-21-2006, 07:24 AM.
                Patrick

"Can't anybody play this here game?" -- Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X