The Juan Pierre question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Juan Pierre question

He has been everything we hoped for lately. In the first half he was maddeningly inconsistent. This guy works just as hard as anyone in baseball. I like him as a person and as a player. I would be happy if the Cubs resigned him for next season. He covers a lot of ground in CF, he can steal bases and should be consistently hitting around .290-.300, even though he hasn't done that most of this year. We all know the competition that will be out there for lead-off hitters. Almost every team could use one. What if we can't resign him?

If we cant get him, I would love to see the Cubs go after Gary Matthews Jr. He has finally come into his own down in Texas, is finally a .300 hitter and plays great CF. I think I would like to get him more than Pierre. What say you?
    Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Originally posted by TRIPxCORE
    He has been everything we hoped for lately. In the first half he was maddeningly inconsistent. This guy works just as hard as anyone in baseball. I like him as a person and as a player. I would be happy if the Cubs resigned him for next season. He covers a lot of ground in CF, he can steal bases and should be consistently hitting around .290-.300, even though he hasn't done that most of this year. We all know the competition that will be out there for lead-off hitters. Almost every team could use one. What if we can't resign him?

If we cant get him, I would love to see the Cubs go after Gary Matthews Jr. He has finally come into his own down in Texas, is finally a .300 hitter and plays great CF. I think I would like to get him more than Pierre. What say you?

With Matthews, after the season he has had, along with the highlight reel plays and his name, hes going to come expensive and probably way more than hes worth. I actually think he would be good in Chicago, i can picture it for some reason, but be ready to overpay.

Comment

As far as Centerfield/Leadoff hitter goes, our No. 1 priorority should be to resign Pierre in my opinion. I know that he struggled some but who hasn't this season, and for most of the second half he has done exactly what he came here to do. I think letting him go would be a mistake.

As far as Matthews goes, is he a leadoff hitter? I agree that his stock has risen this year, and it will take more to sign him.

Comment

I've been there when we didn't have a leadoff man. We need to keep Pierre.

Comment

So Aramis "tanks" in the beginning and it is because he can't take the pressure. Pierre was "inconsistent" but he works hard.

Aramis=Bad
          Pierre=Good

Comment

Pierre is a mediocre, at best, CF despite his speed. Pierre will almost certainly lead the league in outs made, so I don't think that is the guy you want fueling the engine. His speed on the bases is a real asset, but it tends to hide his real problems: lack of OBP and base hits that aren't singles.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
              Pierre is a mediocre, at best, CF despite his speed. Pierre will almost certainly lead the league in outs made, so I don't think that is the guy you want fueling the engine. His speed on the bases is a real asset, but it tends to hide his real problems: lack of OBP and base hits that aren't singles.
              I agree that he has areas that need to be developed, but is there anyone in the organization who would be an upgrade, not that I know of. As far as bringing in another free agent. I think that we have other needs (ex: resigning Ramirez, finding pitching) and I think it would be best to just resign Jaun.

Comment

if he come to Chicago, no home run robbing
                Cubs: World Champs 2007?

Comment

If we didn't resign Pierre, I believe that Theroit would be a solid 2B and a leadoff hitter. My big worry now is SS. I say trade Izturis and then I guess use Cedeno. If not that, then trade Izturis and Cedeno and bring up Patterson. We would then have a 2B/SS combo of Patterson and Theroit.

Unfortunately, I am sure that Theroit will probably be the odd man out of any formula.

The only thing that I hate about our outfield, is that ANYONE seems able to run on our WEAK arms. I hate that!

Comment

if Dusty is retained as manager, and if Hendry agrees with him (which he seems to always do), Pierre will probably be allowed to walk in favor of picking up someone who can 20 or more homers.
                    RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                    Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                    Infamous butcher,
                    Angel of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs Fan in TN
                      If we didn't resign Pierre, I believe that Theroit would be a solid 2B and a leadoff hitter. My big worry now is SS. I say trade Izturis and then I guess use Cedeno. If not that, then trade Izturis and Cedeno and bring up Patterson. We would then have a 2B/SS combo of Patterson and Theroit.

Unfortunately, I am sure that Theroit will probably be the odd man out of any formula.

The only thing that I hate about our outfield, is that ANYONE seems able to run on our WEAK arms. I hate that!
                      Patterson is a 2B not a shortstop. As far as Theroit goes, he's a nice player but he'll never be an everyday 2B. He's useful off the bench but if he's our everyday 2B next year, then we're in trouble.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X