Felix Pie (PEE-ay)
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 175 lbs
    Position: CF
    B/T: L/L
    DOB: 02/08/85
    Hometown: La Romana, DR

2005 season at West Tennessee:

Appeared in 59 games, going 73 for 240 with 41 runs, 17 doubles, 5 triples, 11 hrs, 25 rbi, 16 bb, 53 k, 13/22 sb, .304/.349/.554/.903

2005 Winter League in Dominican:

Appeared in 29 games, going 19 for 91 with 12 runs, 3 doubles, 2 triples, 1 hr, 10 rbi, 4 bb, 19 k, 1/1 sb, .209/.250/.319/.569

Pie is an exciting young 20-year old center fielder with five-tool capabilities who makes scouts drool. He has established himself as the crown jewel of the Oneri Fleita regime as Cubs Farm Director and Director of Latin American Operations.

Blessed with blinding speed, an accurate cannon of an arm, and a sweet left-handed stroke, Pie posted solid numbers in 2004 and received an invite to the FSL All-Star game, a second trip to the Futures Game and was eventually crowned "2004 FSL Prospect of the Year" by Baseball America. 2005 wasn't as kind to Pie, but he flashed the power that scouts have often said that he'd grow into. Felix was looking good to lead the DiamondJaxx to a SL Championship but a bruised ankle on 6/16 turned into a stress fracture during rehab causing Pie to miss the second half of the baseball season. And the DiamondJaxx finished second to the Jacksonville Sun (revered as one of th best Minor League teams of all time). Before this season Pie had won championships in Boise in 2002, Lansing in 2003, and Daytona in 2004.

Read the rest on Cubshub.com
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

It looks like we're gonna keep this gem, apparently he's not in the trade that would bring Tejada here.

If Murton struggles, I say bring Pie up and let him play LF, or maybe switch him with Jones in RF.

He's got a ton of potential, and I'm excited to see what he can do.

Comment

I'd rather put him in center and move Pierre and that girly arm of his to left.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
        I'd rather put him in center and move Pierre and that girly arm of his to left.
        Would you still?? Pie has looked ugly of late
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

How ugly? Is it that bad?
          A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Code:
            G  Ab  R  H  2b 3b Hr Rbi Tb  Bb So Sb Cs Obp  Slg  Avg 
            86 332 37 85 15 5  7  39  131 29 84 7  9 .321 .395 .256
            One less K than Hits.

unreal.
            BELIEVE

Comment

Hmm...

Gotta like that SB/CS ratio though.
              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

at least he got a better OBP than pierre with worse AVG...
                "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                Bo Jackson

Comment

The word on him was that he has good power but he strikes out a lot and if he gets caught stealing he becomes shy.

Comment

Not the way he's been going. With Pierre on the upswing, it wouldn't make sense now. But I still have faith in Pie to turn it around.

Comment

I don't think Pie is what we are needing right now. Pierre is already coming around, and there is no sense in starting over again at cf and leadoff with a rookie. Let's face it, Jones and Barrett are solid players, but neither of them are the 3rd big hitter that we need, to go along with D-Lee and Aram. Unfortunately, Pie does not fill the immediate big-bat need either. He may be a great talent, but i think that we should move him while he has value. While we are at it, we might as well ship Murton as well. I like him, but he is not what we are needing. Good kid, wrong time. Maybe he could learn to play 2b?

Comment

Walker is a better hitter and I'm sure his defense at second would be better than Murton's at second.

I don't understand why everyone seems to think we need to replace Todd Walker. He has been one of the most consistent Cubs for the past 3 or so years.

Comment

Murton is young, what? 24yo? This is his first full season in the bigs where he's hitting .294/.359/.430 since he came up in 131 games. I dont watch all the Cub games but, barring a few rookie mistakes, he's fairly strong in the field aint he?

But as TN says he might not be a good fit for the team, and the Cubs sorely do need a 3'rd guy who can hit 30+ home runs/100+ RBIs. Sure ya want Jones to be that guy, and maybe he will be, but up till now he never has. Carlos Lee would be a good fit, to bad hes wearing a ski mask and holding a gun when he talks contract.h But I like Murton and he would be an asset to any team needing a 4'th out fielder. Thus, the kid will have some trade value.
                          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Murton is 24, but he is struggling this year at barely an .700 OPS. Looks like the pitchers made adjustments after his fine third-of-a-season last year and he hasn't adjusted back. Not a good sign.

I'm pretty sure the uptick with Pierre is just temporary and he will go back to deep mediocrity. And you are right, as poorly as Pie is doing in AAA he should stay there rather than come up to the quagmire that is the Cubs 2006 season.
                            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                              Murton is young, what? 24yo? This is his first full season in the bigs where he's hitting .294/.359/.430 since he came up in 131 games. I dont watch all the Cub games but, barring a few rookie mistakes, he's fairly strong in the field aint he?

But as TN says he might not be a good fit for the team, and the Cubs sorely do need a 3'rd guy who can hit 30+ home runs/100+ RBIs. Sure ya want Jones to be that guy, and maybe he will be, but up till now he never has. Carlos Lee would be a good fit, to bad hes wearing a ski mask and holding a gun when he talks contract.h But I like Murton and he would be an asset to any team needing a 4'th out fielder. Thus, the kid will have some trade value.
                              no. he looks lost in the field more often than not it seems. just not good. Hes been decent at times at the plate, but he has almost no power right now. at least not the power you want from a weakfielding corner outfielder.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X