Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's trade for Penny, Lowe, Arroyo......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's trade for Penny, Lowe, Arroyo......

I noticed on a few other forums someone was talking about trading for Penny. We could probably get Penny if we gave up Jones and maybe Guzman. I'm pretty sure Lowe is available but not positive. Arroyo probably is available aswell. I would love to see Penny on the Cubs, does anyone else think that would be a good idea?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Arroyo start sucking the second half of last season?

Comment

yeah ur rite i wouldnt want arroyo
      Hitting is timing, pitching is upsetting timing.
      -Warren Spahn

It's a round ball and a round bat and you gotta hit it square.
      -Pete Rose

Good pitching always beats good hitting...and vice versa.
      -Yogi Berra

Comment

Arroyo wouldn't be too bad. We could possibly get him cheaper. I saw him throw some good games this year.

I'd rather have Penny or Lowe though

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagocubfan
          Arroyo wouldn't be too bad. We could possibly get him cheaper. I saw him throw some good games this year.

I'd rather have Penny or Lowe though
          Yes, Arroyo threw some good games, but facing Glendon Rusch in his first two games was a very good confidence booster. No offense to Rusch. Get well soon!

Comment

The Reds want to hold on to Arroyo for the future and not dump him because of an OK season, I hate these fans who think that EVERYBODY and ANYBODY are ALWAYS AVAILABLE, it just drives me

Comment

I think Arroyo was stuck on 9 wins for 10 starts, going winless for about 2 months.
              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
                The Reds want to hold on to Arroyo for the future and not dump him because of an OK season, I hate these fans who think that EVERYBODY and ANYBODY are ALWAYS AVAILABLE, it just drives me
                Agreed! There is no way that any of the three are available! However I hear Johan Santana may be available!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Simpson
                  Agreed! There is no way that any of the three are available! However I hear Johan Santana may be available!!!
                  lol thats funny
                  Hitting is timing, pitching is upsetting timing.
                  -Warren Spahn

It's a round ball and a round bat and you gotta hit it square.
                  -Pete Rose

Good pitching always beats good hitting...and vice versa.
                  -Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan1073
                    lol thats funny

Sorry but I cabt stand people thinking that we can just go out and trade for just anyone. And never put a realistic point of view on things...
                    I would be willing to bet that his line up would be pretty close to this:
                    2nd- Soriano
                    RF- Abreu
                    LF - Manny
                    3rd - Aramis
                    SS - Arod
                    1st - Puhole
                    CF - Beltran
                    C - Pudge

Ace - Z
                    2nd - Penny
                    3rd - Clemens
                    4th - Santana
                    5th - R.Johnson

People seem to forget that other teams are actually trying to do the same thing and put together a winning team and get themselves a W.S. Title!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X