CP to BAL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nverve1
    Sounds like the Cubs may have gotten hosed on this one. I personally would have much rather seen the Cubs give Corey a shot in RF than sign Jones. Oh well. Seems like the players in return aren't anything special. I find it hard to believe that this is the best Hendry could have gotten for CPat. I'm a little dissapointed.
    hosed? I didnt even want him tendered, so anything is better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
      according to ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2285777

The Baltimore Orioles acquired outfielder Corey Patterson from the Chicago Cubs on Monday for shortstop Nate Spears and left-hander Carlos Perez.

Patterson, who became expendable when the Cubs acquired Juan Pierre from the Marlins on Dec. 7, hit .215 with 13 homers and 34 RBI in 2005. In six career seasons, all with the Cubs, Patterson has 70 homers and a .252 average.
      In other words the Cubs get NADA for Porey the 3-tool player!

Comment

ya, 'hosed' isn't really a good word until CP does something, i think a change of scenery will help him but everyone thought we got hosed in the sammy sosa deal last year too, none of these guys is a hairston but it does take the POS problem causing, grumpy, know-it-all who won't take advice CP out of Chicago, then i'm happy

and one thing-hendry didnt' trade him in the LEAGUE, making sure if CP does explode, he won't hurt the cubs

Corey's 3 tools
        Swing and miss-Lower head-Sit on bench
        Last edited by redwhitenblue; 01-09-2006, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nverve1
          Sounds like the Cubs may have gotten hosed on this one. I personally would have much rather seen the Cubs give Corey a shot in RF than sign Jones. Oh well. Seems like the players in return aren't anything special. I find it hard to believe that this is the best Hendry could have gotten for CPat. I'm a little dissapointed.
          I'm right there with ya, even if no one else seems to be. I hope Corey has some good success though, I've always liked the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
            I'm right there with ya, even if no one else seems to be. I hope Corey has some good success though, I've always liked the guy.
            i'm all for him succeeding in the AL, but if we held on to him and he didnt' improve we couldn't have gotten anything for him and would've had to release him

Comment

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
              but if we held on to him and he didnt' improve we couldn't have gotten anything for him and would've had to release him
              But if we held onto him and he did improve we could have gotten ALOT more for him.
              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
              Line Drive: .356
              HBP: .342
              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
              Intentional Walk: .176
              Outfield Fly: .035
              Groundball: -.101
              Bunts: -.103
              Infield Fly: -.243
              Strikeout: -.287
              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
                But if we held onto him and he did improve we could have gotten ALOT more for him.
                could we have? you dont just turn around a career 6:1 K/BB ratio. other than sammy sosa, who else in recent memory has had a ratio that bad (along with a bad OBP) who has panned out? thats in all of the big leagues. that answer would probably be no one.

the fact is that corey is athletically gifted, but stubborn to the point of obtuseness. and that will never ever allow him to succeed. and he would never have made it out of april alive at wrigley. trust me on this one. its a miracle he survived this past year with all the abuse. He was more hated than Sammy was at the end and there was no way no how that he could be brought back.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X