Name of other Cubs documentary mentioned in Wait Til Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of other Cubs documentary mentioned in Wait Til Next Year

Does anyone know the name of or have any more info on the other documentary mentioned in the HBO Wait Til next Year Film.

It was the one done by the Cubs fan in Chicago about them winning the pennant but the cubs lost that year in to playoffs to the Yankees so then he wasn't able to sell it.

I can't even find the HBO special to watch to see the guys name.
    So any help with info on this would be great.

Thank you.

You mean 2003, when we made it to the NLCS, against the Marlins, were 5 outs away in Game 6, and then blew it from then on out? His name was Matt Liston and his film is called Chasing October, it eventually premiered in August of 2006. You're welcome.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

BTW, anyone know where I can buy a copy, Id be fascinated to watch it, seemed pretty good when they talked to Liston in the documentary.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

www.cubsmovie.com

I'll pick it up when it hits dvd and/or see it if it ever hits closer to home.
        Baseball Journeyman

Comment

I saw the HBO special the other day. I'm no true cubs fan, but they have always had a special place in my heart (as the Sox and Cubs were very similar until '04) but this documentary was very moving. I don't know how anyone from Chicago can not love the Cubs, even if the White Sox have more success. After watching the HBO special, I may have to pick up a copy of Chasing October.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X