No announcement yet.

Is Soriano Overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS also stated that Carl Crawford wasn't worth trading Jacque Jones for. He wont admit he's wrong.
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by tearforamariner
      In the past two weeks, I've heard people compare Alfonso Soriano to Neifi Perez. Surely this is not a valid comparison.
      No, it's not.

There's a key difference in there. Perez isn't overrated by anyone, while Soriano is overrated by just about everyone.
      Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
        No, it's not.

There's a key difference in there. Perez isn't overrated by anyone, while Soriano is overrated by just about everyone.
        Perez is overrated by everyone. People think he's a baseball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake
          SS also stated that Carl Crawford wasn't worth trading Jacque Jones for. He wont admit he's wrong.

It has nothing to do with whether I can admit I'm wrong or not. It has everything to do with not believing I'm wrong.

Crawford is every bit as overrated as Soriano.

Crawford won't help this teams OBP problem.

Crawford is going to get very expensive very quickly, and we've already got enough huge contracts. We will be rid of Jones contract fairly soon, even if he's not traded.

It's simply not something that helps this team, and I'm looking for people that do help the team.
          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Comment

Perez is overrated by everyone. People think he's a baseball player.

Well, he is better than Izturis.

Comment

It has nothing to do with whether I can admit I'm wrong or not. It has everything to do with not believing I'm wrong.

Crawford is every bit as overrated as Soriano.

Crawford won't help this teams OBP problem.

Crawford is going to get very expensive very quickly, and we've already got enough huge contracts. We will be rid of Jones contract fairly soon, even if he's not traded.

It's simply not something that helps this team, and I'm looking for people that do help the team.
              So what you are saying is that... Crawford will get expensive soon. You can get rid of Jones soon. But until then, you still wont trade one for the other, even if one is an obviously better player? Makes a lot of sense. It has every bit to do with you never admitting your wrong. You wont. But whatever, I geuss there's no sense in talking to someone who has already determined they are right and will try and skew everything to try his best to make it look like he is.
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Well, he is better than Izturis.
                how do you figure?

Comment

So what you are saying is that... Crawford will get expensive soon. You can get rid of Jones soon. But until then, you still wont trade one for the other, even if one is an obviously better player? Makes a lot of sense. It has every bit to do with you never admitting your wrong. You wont. But whatever, I geuss there's no sense in talking to someone who has already determined they are right and will try and skew everything to try his best to make it look like he is.
                  Crawford isn't obviously a better player.

Like I said, he's every bit as overrated as Soriano is.

Comment

Crawford isn't obviously a better player.

Like I said, he's every bit as overrated as Soriano is.
                    Ok. Prove Jones is better. Because I can prove Crawford is.

Comment

how do you figure?

Perez - .268/.298/.376/.674

Izturis - .259/.295/.336/.631

Those are the career numbers, and while it's clear that neither is any good, Neifi is just a little bit better.

Comment

Ok. Prove Jones is better. Because I can prove Crawford is.
                        No. I'm not getting back into this crap again. If you want to re-read the thread, go right ahead, but I'm not adding anymore to it.

Enjoy your evening.

Comment

Perez - .268/.298/.376/.674

Izturis - .259/.295/.336/.631

Those are the career numbers, and while it's clear that neither is any good, Neifi is just a little bit better.
                          Look at the OPS+.

Comment

No. I'm not getting back into this crap again. If you want to re-read the thread, go right ahead, but I'm not adding anymore to it.

Enjoy your evening.
                            Which = "I cant, so I'll pretend like I did before, or act like im too tired"

Its fine, I just wont waste my time with you.

Comment

Which = "I cant, so I'll pretend like I did before, or act like im too tired"

Its fine, I just wont waste my time with you.
                              I think it ='s he already said what he said...

So maybe everyone should simply move on... How did we get to debating Jones and Crawford anyway?

(no need for replying)
                              BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                                I think it ='s he already said what he said...
                                I dont.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X