Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Soriano Overrated?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alfonso Soriano had his best season and the Cubs over-paid to get him. What's worse, the Cubs went out and got Jason Marquis after a 6+ era season. Over-rated.... What difference does it make?
    In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

    Comment


    • This might be a difference of being overrated and over hyped. If a player is expected to come in totally change a team around and that doesn't happen even though he had a good season. Well, in that case the player may very well have been worth the contract he signed but fans were still dissapointed because he didn't live up to the hype.

      Or maybe I am just making things up now

      Comment


      • Originally posted by esmith View Post
        This might be a difference of being overrated and over hyped. If a player is expected to come in totally change a team around and that doesn't happen even though he had a good season. Well, in that case the player may very well have been worth the contract he signed but fans were still dissapointed because he didn't live up to the hype.

        Or maybe I am just making things up now
        There's definitely a difference between overrated and overhyped.

        However, Soriano fits in both categories.
        Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

        Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

        Comment


        • Did you see the speed he displayed in the bot of the 7th today?
          If it wasn't for him stealing a bag and having the speed on the bloop grounder no run would have been scored.

          By the way its nice to see his first stolen bag as a cub.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by esmith View Post
            Did you see the speed he displayed in the bot of the 7th today?
            If it wasn't for him stealing a bag and having the speed on the bloop grounder no run would have been scored.

            By the way its nice to see his first stolen bag as a cub.
            Yes, I saw it.

            It doesn't change the fact that he is both overrated and overhyped.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

            Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

            Comment


            • I hope soriano has an amazing year and you have to eat your hat for being so doubtful

              Comment


              • Originally posted by esmith View Post
                I hope soriano has an amazing year and you have to eat your hat for being so doubtful
                If SS has to eat his hat then most analysts do, as in nearly everyone picked Alf to have a worse season than his career Washington year last season.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

                Comment


                • Soriano is not overrated he is just a terrible defender , they need to hide him defensively.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Soxwinner View Post
                    Soriano is not overrated he is just a terrible defender , they need to hide him defensively.
                    Any clue how many putouts he had last year from left?
                    BELIEVE

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X