Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joltin Joe Giradio
    A Floyd Murton platoon would be great.

Playing Murton everyday would be much better.
    Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
      not that murton has been exactly stellar either....
      He's been better than Floyd.

Comment

Floyd, if he turns it up a notch, may split time in right with Jacque, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

I have a feeling Murton will get more playing time than many anticipate. I think we can expect a a DL stint or two from Floyd. Lou's just trying to make sure Murton is not swinging for the fences b/c he wants him to be the the no. 2 hitter (contact/go the opposite way-type of guy) to advance Soriano.

Comment

Originally posted by Girardini View Post
            I have a feeling Murton will get more playing time than many anticipate.
            I agree!

I've posted many times in the Cub thread over the winter that Murton actually had a better second half (from the AllStar Game on) last year than Carlos Lee. Hats off to Lou for recognizing Murton's potential and giving him a clear chance to shine this year. I think he's going to do real well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
              Floyd, if he turns it up a notch, may split time in right with Jacque, but that's just my opinion.
              What the hell would be the point in that? They both suck against lefties.
              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
              Line Drive: .356
              HBP: .342
              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
              Intentional Walk: .176
              Outfield Fly: .035
              Groundball: -.101
              Bunts: -.103
              Infield Fly: -.243
              Strikeout: -.287
              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I've liked murton since they first brought him up.

Originally posted by GaryL View Post
                I agree!

I've posted many times in the Cub thread over the winter that Murton actually had a better second half (from the AllStar Game on) last year than Carlos Lee. Hats off to Lou for recognizing Murton's potential and giving him a clear chance to shine this year. I think he's going to do real well.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X