Jeff Weaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
    Well, Jeff signed a 2 year / $8.4 mil. deal. I don't know why we can spend $2 mil. to keep Neifi but not go out and sign a top, or even decent free agent.
    He signed a one year $8.4M deal, not a two year deal.

Wade Miller is a better pitcher and only cost $1M plus incentives. If he get's the incentives he will have outperformed Weaver. If he doesn't, it's because someone on the staff outpitched him.

Weaver is the Darren Driefort of 2006.

Comment

I actually like Miller. I hoep they start him a lot this year.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I like Miller too, when healthy, he comes right at the hitters. I don't think Weaver is all that good and wants way too much money for what he did so far in his career.

Comment

Hes also had only 1 seaosn with an ERA under 4. We would be better off with Hill as a starter than Weaver.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
            I'm saying, why waste money on a player who plays at a position that the team is very deep at instead of signing a player, for just twice the dollar amount, at a position where help is needed.

Sometimes I just don't understand this organization. h
            you're not understanding the fact that a) we dont need weaver and b) we shouldnt want weaver. not even if he was 5 mil for 2 years. Just because you do (bad) choice 1, shouldnt mean you should do (worse) choice 2.

Comment

Evidently most teams think the same way the Cubs do. He doesn't have that many options for employment. I don't think the Cubs need him what so ever.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X