Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipsander
    replied
    Evidently most teams think the same way the Cubs do. He doesn't have that many options for employment. I don't think the Cubs need him what so ever.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by E.Banks#14
    I'm saying, why waste money on a player who plays at a position that the team is very deep at instead of signing a player, for just twice the dollar amount, at a position where help is needed.

Sometimes I just don't understand this organization. h
    you're not understanding the fact that a) we dont need weaver and b) we shouldnt want weaver. not even if he was 5 mil for 2 years. Just because you do (bad) choice 1, shouldnt mean you should do (worse) choice 2.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    Hes also had only 1 seaosn with an ERA under 4. We would be better off with Hill as a starter than Weaver.

Leave a comment:

• Lipsander
    replied
    I like Miller too, when healthy, he comes right at the hitters. I don't think Weaver is all that good and wants way too much money for what he did so far in his career.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    I actually like Miller. I hoep they start him a lot this year.

Leave a comment:

• poppabear
    replied
    Well, Jeff signed a 2 year / $8.4 mil. deal. I don't know why we can spend $2 mil. to keep Neifi but not go out and sign a top, or even decent free agent.
    He signed a one year $8.4M deal, not a two year deal.

Wade Miller is a better pitcher and only cost $1M plus incentives. If he get's the incentives he will have outperformed Weaver. If he doesn't, it's because someone on the staff outpitched him.

Weaver is the Darren Driefort of 2006.

Leave a comment:

• E.Banks#14
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500
    because he isnt a very good pitcher? he is a flyball pitcher and do we really want another one of those at wrigley?

(hint: no we dont)
    I'm saying, why waste money on a player who plays at a position that the team is very deep at instead of signing a player, for just twice the dollar amount, at a position where help is needed.

Sometimes I just don't understand this organization. h

Leave a comment:

• Larry Biittner
    replied
    It is good that we didnt sign him, unless he has a good year, and then it is bad.:atthepc

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Well, Jeff signed a 2 year / $8.4 mil. deal. I don't know why we can spend $2 mil. to keep Neifi but not go out and sign a top, or even decent free agent.
    because he isnt a very good pitcher? he is a flyball pitcher and do we really want another one of those at wrigley?

(hint: no we dont)

Leave a comment:

• E.Banks#14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    I don't know why Cub fans fret so much about Boras. If you haven't noticed Hendry gets along fine with Scott "The Devil" Boras, definately better than most GMs do.

That being said, he's still very likely to get Weaver a contract to his liking (probably not 10 million a year for 4 years) although it probably won't be where Jeff wants to go. And don't consider the Cubs a viable option.

On a side bar, last year Weaver gave up the most homers to opposing pitchers in the MLB with three.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 01-19-2006, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    Originally posted by KCGHOST
    Why bother with a Scott Bora$$ client??
    Truer words have ne'er been posted!

Leave a comment:

• Larry Biittner
    replied
    Better than Maddux at this point?

Not my money...sign him up!

Leave a comment:

• AstroBrit
    replied
    Boras will bleed any team dry that goes after Weaver. His numbers in no way warrant $10m a year.

Leave a comment:

• Ravenlord
    replied
    because they can hang themselves and be forced to take a 1-year $2.95 million contract to reesatblish value...the thing that happened to Kevin Millwood last year.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X