Review of Mark Prior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
    As a loyal Cub fan, I hope Prior and Wood are on the roster for the rest of their careers, because pitchers with that much talent are hard to come by.
    As an overall disloyal and rotten fan of the Business of MLB I'd say this same movie is one we've seen on repeat like an old VHS tape on Loop. Start/stop/injury, Start/stop/injury, Start/stop/injury....ect And all Ive heard is Prior was up to about 88 mph.

Anything Prior can give you is gravy. And for him too. He's made $12 million in salary alone in the last 4 seasons so even if he gets hurt I dont think he'll need to look for a day job. I did a check on his 2006 season and for every inning he pitched last year in the bigs he made $82,954.54 . For every ML game he went into he made $405,555.55 . Wood has made $42,875,000.00 in salary alone with the Cubbies. In 2006 he made $600,000.00 for each inning pitched in the bigs. Wood made $3 million bucks per every 2006 game he appeared in. In his career he's made $38,009.75 per inning pitched and $226,851.85 per every Major League game he's appeared in.

As a loyal Cub fan, I hope Prior and Wood are on the roster for the rest of their careers, because pitchers with that much talent are hard to come by.
    All it takes is money Pal.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
      As an overall disloyal and rotten fan of the Business of MLB I'd say this same movie is one we've seen on repeat like an old VHS tape on Loop. Start/stop/injury, Start/stop/injury, Start/stop/injury....ect And all Ive heard is Prior was up to about 88 mph.

Anything Prior can give you is gravy. And for him too. He's made $12 million in salary alone in the last 4 seasons so even if he gets hurt I dont think he'll need to look for a day job. I did a check on his 2006 season and for every inning he pitched last year in the bigs he made $82,954.54 . For every ML game he went into he made $405,555.55 . Wood has made $42,875,000.00 in salary alone with the Cubbies. In 2006 he made $600,000.00 for each inning pitched in the bigs. Wood made $3 million bucks per every 2006 game he appeared in. In his career he's made $38,009.75 per inning pitched and $226,851.85 per every Major League game he's appeared in.

All it takes is money Pal.
      And like a broken record their pay has been "broken down" for their efforts. This is nothing new to us Cubs fans. By the way, vhs doesn't have "loop".

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
        It is soooooooo good to hear that he's doing better.
        He's now in line to start on Wednesday against the Rockies taking the place of Zambrano who'll throw a minor league game instead.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie1914
          And like a broken record their pay has been "broken down" for their efforts. This is nothing new to us Cubs fans.
          In the 2003-04 offseason, the Cubs paid Wood below market value to stay a Cub, in a 32 million/3 year deal plus an option year for 2007 in 13.5 million or a 3 million buyout. In 2002 and 2003, Kerry was the one of (if not the best) pitcher during the time period logging 452 1/3 IP in 69 GS, he had 8 CG, 3 SHO, with a 28-23 record, giving up 333 H, 175 ER, 211 BB, 494 K, 3.48 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .210 BAA. If the Cubs didn't ink him to what was a "hometown discount" at the time, Kerry Wood would ended up pitching in either Texas or New York for much more money. In all likelihood, it was a good possibility to have been record breaking money at the time.

As for Prior, he's being paid 3.575 million this season for his previous salary (3.65 million) and last three MLB seasons. That's what happens with pre-free agency arbitration cases, nine times out of ten, the player's salary goes up even in unproductive years. This offseason, Prior is the one out of ten, in that his salary dropped during his arbitration years, even if it is only less than a hundred thousand dollars.

By the way, vhs doesn't have "loop".
          As for the VHS loop, it does exist in the newer high fangle VCRs.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

See Bobby! I told you you'd never put me on ignore.

I have a professional VCR editing deck, yes still from the days of analog, as I'm also a professional videographer. And Ive been around enough security tape systems to know about the format and decks.

With Prior anything the Cubs can get is gravy. They sure aren't going out on the market and getting a #2 stud for $4 m a year, and they sure as heck aint going to get much for him in a trade. That window is long gone and that ship has sailed for the both of them, Wood and Prior.

Actually Woods career resembles Ted Lilly's career in many ways. They both have been hurt a lot, both have won about the same amount of games, innings pitched. Both have had stints as relievers after injury. Both had one All Star appearance. Yes Wood does have an advantage but he's also been paid 4 times more then Lilly, up to 2007, and Wood has the stigma of never having won 15 games during the regular season.

Wood threw pretty good in '02 and '03 but he gave up a lot of walks and HRs. In 2003 Wood was 16'th in MLB in the W-L category. In 2002 he wasnt even in the top 25 in the NL. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/year...=W&l=NL&y=2002 Thats far from being " In 2002 and 2003, Kerry was the one of (if not the best) pitcher during the time period ". I personally define great pitchers by the one category that actually matters. Winning!

So was Wood worth 4 times more then Lilly?

And Prior? Prior has been just a mess. Imagine the stuff he would have to come up with in the minors to get back in the rotation? I believe Piniella wants to see him actually stay in one piece for a month before even thinking about bringing him up. Because all of a sudden Lou has options.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
              See Bobby! I told you you'd never put me on ignore.
              I failed to see where Bob quoted anything that you said?
              BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X