Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mark Prior make Opening Day roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
    I dont know exactly what your Rich Hill comparison is supposed to mean? Hill is no Prior and Prior is no Hill. About the only thing they have in common is that neither has pitched a lot of innings for most of their short careers. At least when Hill is diagnosed with an injury it is fixed, he rehabs, and then he goes on from there.

Exactly what is wrong with Mark Prior? Does anyone know? Does he know? Or is he just a p-u-s-s-y? Or, is he actually a tough guy who wasnt meant to play Pro baseball? When a player goes for years with mysterious injuries that nobody can really diagnose, nobody can fix, "he" cant work thru, and the Cubs can never really explain??? Well when all that happens then its time to bet another horse.

Lou Piniella isn't part of the "Prior/Wood fantasy world" here in Chicago. These two are either going to show up to work and perform or they will be elsewhere. That was the real message of sending Prior down to a minor league assignment. Piniella has no interests in fantasies. He is determined to end the WS drought on the north side no matter what.

Its very possible Prior never pitches in a Cub uniform again.

If you were a Cub fan, I'd say it's people like you that give Cub fans a bad reputation.

But you're not a Cub fan, so I'll just completely disregard your gibberish from now on.
    Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

I don't see what he is saying would lead to a bad rep for Cub fans. I don't agree with everything but I don't think it is gibberish.

I disagree with Bob in that I do believe that Mark has suffered a serious injury or injuries. You don't do what Mark did over the last 3+ years without suffering from some kind of major injury. You don't do that because your pinky toe is bruised.

I disagree with Whitesoxnut in his views of the mysterious ailments that nobody can diagnose. I think the real answer is that the Cubs and Prior have not given us a straight answer on his or for the most part any of their major league players injuries. I also think that the Cubs and Prior probably have a differing opinion on how to solve his problems.

I also disagree on the view that Lou is somehow different and can see through it all. The team Hendry handed Lou is different then the team the Cub execs gave Baker. Hendry built this team so that it didn't need to rely on Wood or Prior. Past teams relied heavily on a healthy Wood and Prior. So I can't see giving kudos to Lou for doing something that he didn't do.

Finally I do disagree with Bob in that I think Cub fans can write him off. Prior will soon be a free agent at which point if he is healthy he is gone, if he isn't then we might keep him but so what? Prior might if we are lucky give us about 20 quality starts the rest of the time he is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
        Do you think he will make Opening Day roster then?
        Well he's starting on Thursday against the Padres, and if he's got control of his pitches then yeah he'll make the Opening Day roster.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
          If you were a Cub fan, I'd say it's people like you that give Cub fans a bad reputation.

But you're not a Cub fan, so I'll just completely disregard your gibberish from now on.
          Better yet put me on your ignore list. That way you dont have to read anything I say.

I admit Fans like me are a MLB owners worst nightmare. Even with the Sox I can be very demanding, sarcastic, opinionated, cynical, and I say what I see and what I please. Around ballparks I aint the typical middle aged guy with his ball cap on and his team shirt, bermuda shorts with elastic waist, trotting about with his hot dog and $6 Bud.

Believe me I had no problem slamming the White Sox last year. That was a team that should have won 100 games.

And Ive been around long enough to know a bad bet when I see one and Mark Prior is a bad horse to bet. For that matter I think the Sox made a mistake signing "5 inning Vasquez" to such a big contract. The contract alone was bad enough but also there's going to be tension in the clubhouse because of it, especially when they have to pull this guy out of the game every 4'th or 5'th inning. But, I guess I aint much of a fan.

Back to Prior. It would be best for both if the Cubs just cut the umbilical and let him go. They are a business not a rehab clinic that has the money going the wrong way out.
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Better yet put me on your ignore list.
            Great Idea, and Done!
            What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
            Line Drive: .356
            HBP: .342
            Non-Intentional Walk: .315
            Intentional Walk: .176
            Outfield Fly: .035
            Groundball: -.101
            Bunts: -.103
            Infield Fly: -.243
            Strikeout: -.287
            It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
              Great Idea, and Done!
              C'mon Bobby. You cant fool me. I know your reading this right now.
              "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

There's an ignore list?
                Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

personally I cant believe the cubs havent given up on prior quite some time ago.he will always be injury prone with his mecahnics.people think he is such a stud but I dont see it,,go to baseball 101 and see some of chris o learys stuff on prior..he aint ever ever ever gonna recover

Comment

C'mon Bobby. You cant fool me. I know your reading this right now.

ignore..lol..real men wear black..others ignore!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X