Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Blanco subpoenaed

Sun-Times article

Henry must appear at a trial in Florida next week, possibly missing one or more games. One of his agents, Gustavo ''Gus'' Dominguez, could get "more than 45 years in prison if convicted on all 53 counts of an indictment for conspiring to smuggle Cuban baseball players into the United States."

Blanco's isn't in any legal trouble, but money used in the operation was laundered through his U.S. bank account.

Matt Murton appears to be our emergency catcher (he played catcher in his junior year in high school). No Cubs other than Michael Barrett and Henry have ever caught a major league pitch.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

That would be scarey if we lost michael and henry fortunately for us, they are two tough guys and good players

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
      Matt Murton appears to be our emergency catcher (he played catcher in his junior year in high school). No Cubs other than Michael Barrett and Henry have ever caught a major league pitch.
      If Blanco has to miss time, we'll put him on the resticted leave list and we'll carry Reyes/Soto for the duration.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
        If Blanco has to miss time, we'll put him on the resticted leave list and we'll carry Reyes/Soto for the duration.
        Does that get around the rule stated in the article where you can't call up a minor leaguer until 10 games have passed since the end of spring training. Or because Soto is on the 40-man, is that allowed?
        A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14 View Post
          Does that get around the rule stated in the article where you can't call up a minor leaguer until 10 games have passed since the end of spring training. Or because Soto is on the 40-man, is that allowed?
          I've read that since Soto's on the 40 man it's allowed, since the Cubs would put Blanco on the restricted list. But the first 10 day rule is very interesting, lets just hope there's no need for Barrett to miss time (extra innings or not).

And I want to know how the hell did Murton become the emergency catcher? That just don't seem right, it seems like a job for Theriot or Cedeno.
          Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X