Did You Like.........?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Like.........?

.....the way Pineilla ripped Dempster's @ss last night? Personally, I love the way he handled that. He went out, said like 7 or 8 words and promptly turned around and walked back to the dugout. The camera panned to Lou after every ball that was out of the strike zone, you could actually watch this building up.

Yeah, well whatever he did it worked and thats what Im happy about

Comment

Does anybody know what he said exactly? I know you'd have to type it up with a lot of dashes, but it was so quick I didn't get a chance to try to lipread properly.
      Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

This is from www.chicagocubs.com :

"He came out and said, 'Trust your stuff, and go ahead and trust it. You have good stuff, just throw it and let them hit it,'" Dempster said.

If you could read lips, it might have seemed like a little different message.

"I said, 'It was 30 degrees and snowing. Get the ball over the plate and you'll win a ballgame. Make them hit it,'" Piniella said.

Piniella is being somewhat truthful. He said that, but not quite that way...lol.

Comment

I didn't see it but my dad told me about it and that's what Dempster needed. Dusty would have just kept chewing on his toothpick. He's a great closer when he trusts his stuff and actaully gets the ball across the plate. If Piniella has to do that every time he walks to the mound then so be it. If he wasn't a good closer then he wouldn't have had that run of 28 straight unblown savesor however many he had.
          Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Piniella is an excellent manager. Lets face it.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
              Piniella is an excellent manager. Lets face it.
              I'm with you on that. I really like his style and I've repected him since 1990 in Cincinnati. I believe he got into it with Glenn Bragg once back then, maybe Dibble too. In case you do guys do not remember him, Glenn was a huge man. I think if I had grown up watching him play, I may have really liked his playing style also.

He came in all nicey nicey back in the winter at the press conferences. Spring Training he was a little pushy in what he wanted done, but not bad. Now, the games count, and he's to the point and is right in doing it, in my opinion. I love it.
              Last edited by Lipsander; 04-05-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I'm loving Piniella. In my heart, I originally wanted Girardi to get the job. I've always liked that guy. But now I realize Piniella was a much better choice at this time. I'm also really excited about the fact that we have Alan Trammell as a coach. He was always one of my favorites as a player.
                Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X