Bottom of the order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom of the order

I've been thinking that the cubs 1-6 will be solid but today the 7 and 8 slots (DeRosa and Izturis) were a combined 4 for 7 and DeRosa went yard. Once we get the whole line up clicking, we should have a pretty decent offensive threat.

DeRosa has came out of the gates hot. I think I'm gonna like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
      DeRosa has came out of the gates hot. I think I'm gonna like him.
      Let's just hope he can keep it up, if he comes close to his 2006 numbers, you'll have alot of spectators eating their words.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
        Let's just hope he can keep it up, if he comes close to his 2006 numbers, you'll have alot of spectators eating their words.
        That would include me--I didn't think the DeRosa pickup was a good idea. I'd be happy to be proven wrong about him.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Its hard to find something you don't like about the Cubs infield so far this year. If this combination jells defensively they will be one of the top infields in the NL.

With the bat I think DeRosa is going to beat his '06 numbers. He hit very well last year even tho he was shuffled around the field like an empty beer cup. Playing 2'nd exclusively, I think, will allow him to step up offensively.

Already, just a few games into the season, it looks obvious these guys are responding well to Lou Piniella. They look focused out there.
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

DeRosa's #'s thus far...

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLG
            5 17 3 7 0 1 2 6 0 .412 .474 .882

Is there a way to post that formatted a little nicer?
            Last edited by E.Banks#14; 04-07-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Code:
              G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB   BA  OBP  SLG
              5 17 3 7  0  1  2   6  0 .412 .474 .882
              If you type [code] before the numbers and [/code) after the numbers (don't use that last parentheses, instead use an end bracket - "]"), it allows you to space the stats as you like.
              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

thank you E.Banks#14

Comment

DeRosa had the right attitude and said all the right things when the Cubs picked him up. I always like the guys who do that.
                  Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vptpt View Post
                    DeRosa had the right attitude and said all the right things when the Cubs picked him up. I always like the guys who do that.
                    Yeah, we'll see more as the season plays out but I really thing that he was good pick up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X