Millers stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millers stuff

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, "had to work". Did Wade Millers stuff look that bad? He gave up 9 hits in 4 innings. Were they hard hits? Was his fastball up in the zone?

I see Miller as a work in progress and as the season goes on he's going to get stronger and stronger. When he was with Houston I saw him with good stuff and see no reason why he cant get it back. All things considered, and with a Labrum repair, he's had a fairly good recovery.

I don't know how many wins he's going to end up with but I see him ending up productive. He had a pretty strong spring in which he made gains.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

I didn't get to watch the game either, but from what I heard I think it was a slow fastball and poor location.

Comment

I didn't see it either. He better pitch well though, if he gets 2 or 3 or 4 mediocre starts, Prior may slide back in.

Comment

Seemed to me like bad location.

Jenks and Gross' HR's were both off high-in the zone fastballs.
        AL East Champions: 1981 1982
        AL Pennant: 1982
        NL Central Champions: 2011
        NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

I watched it on MLB.tv with the Brewers announcers. They remarked how well Wade has comeback for surgeries but he's not the same as he once was. He relies on movement of his pitches and location, with his low velocity and lackluster offspeed stuff he can't afford to miss his spots.

My money is on that Wade doesn't last long as a starter.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
            My money is on that Wade doesn't last long as a starter.
            Maybe its because I really like Mark Prior, but I have been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
              Maybe its because I really like Mark Prior, but I have been thinking the same thing.
              Even if Prior's back, I'm not so sure that Marquis will outperform Miller. That might be a race to the bottom.
              To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Guys...Prior isnt coming back.
                "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Why? He's gotten a little better each start so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
                    Guys...Prior isnt coming back.
                    You hit the nail on the head there. God knows he is done with the Cubs. If Miller shows even once he can be a good number 5, Prior will be shipped out for anything we can get. And Prior isnt gonna want to pitch AAA for too long. He will get aggravated, Miller will suceed and Prior will demand to be gone, Im sure a few teams in contention would not mind having him if they had a starter go down and they were in need of one. Will be their mistake
                    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X