Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Piniella's 1st Cubs tirade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lou Piniella's 1st Cubs tirade

    Wow, I wanted to share this with you. Count down to the 2 minute 35 second mark!

    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines
    "I see how this team has been losing games, I see that now!"
    BELIEVE

  • #2
    Took him pretty long to get this angry. After more than one week a 4-6 record where the fans expect more...

    Comment


    • #3
      still nothing on lee elia!

      Comment


      • #4
        haha, well, Baker might have started his first 10 games with the cubs better, but Pinella has proven to already be a better manager. Baker would have gone oall mellow and say "well Ohman will do better tomorrow" or something like that. I was at yesterdays game and I could totally tell that the Cubs were trying harder than they were...even Demoster looked good. I have a good feeling about this year. Im not gonna say WS yet, but i really have a good feeling we gonna be sucessful in some way this year.
        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

        "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

        Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

        Comment


        • #5
          You might think his tirades are a fresh breath of fresh air, but stuff like that will get old real fast.

          I don't really care whether a manager gets fired up or not, as long as they know when to hold back, and which players can take it and which ones cannot. This stuff isn't going to work for everyone.
          To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
            haha, well, Baker might have started his first 10 games with the cubs better, but Pinella has proven to already be a better manager.
            Hardly. Being louder doesn't mean being better.

            In fact, he's proven to be pretty much a carbon copy so far. Same stupid way of setting a lineup.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

            Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
              You might think his tirades are a fresh breath of fresh air, but stuff like that will get old real fast.

              I don't really care whether a manager gets fired up or not, as long as they know when to hold back, and which players can take it and which ones cannot. This stuff isn't going to work for everyone.
              Couldn't have said it better. As former college player, I've seen how coaches like Piniella are polarizing. His tactics might reach one player but it distances the majority of them away.


              Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
              Hardly. Being louder doesn't mean being better.

              In fact, he's proven to be pretty much a carbon copy so far. Same stupid way of setting a lineup.
              My biggest grip is that he keeps starting Floyd over Murton. Something that Dusty would have done as well. His lack of finding an appropriate 2hole hitter is disgusting as well (just say NO to Jacque).
              Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-15-2007, 12:49 PM.
              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
              Line Drive: .356
              HBP: .342
              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
              Intentional Walk: .176
              Outfield Fly: .035
              Groundball: -.101
              Bunts: -.103
              Infield Fly: -.243
              Strikeout: -.287
              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
                I wouldn't be opposed to playing Murton and Floyd. Put Jacque's pathetic ass on the bench.
                Well if you want Jacque gone ASAP then we need to play him as much as possible. Heading into today Jacque had a 7game hitting streak and 4 walks to 3 K but with only one extrabase hit.

                As for Floyd, he hits when he's healthy, that's been known and right now he's been hitting pretty well. But it's only a matter of time before he goes down. If he starts 100 G or gets 425 PA then his 10.5 million option for 2008 is automatically picked up.
                Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                  Well if you want Jacque gone ASAP then we need to play him as much as possible. Heading into today Jacque had a 7game hitting streak and 4 walks to 3 K but with only one extrabase hit.

                  As for Floyd, he hits when he's healthy, that's been known and right now he's been hitting pretty well. But it's only a matter of time before he goes down. If he starts 100 G or gets 425 PA then his 10.5 million option for 2008 is automatically picked up.
                  Well, I do want Jacque gone, but sadly, I really don't see that happening. Right now I just want him on the bench. Let Floyd play while he is healthy and put Murton in RF.

                  None of those three are any good defensively, so it's not like we are losing anything in that regard.
                  Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                  Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
                    You might think his tirades are a fresh breath of fresh air, but stuff like that will get old real fast.
                    Not to me. It shows he cares and knows they could play better. I mean come one, yesterday my boy Theriot had 3 hits and no one else could even foul one off it seemed. Mr. Theriot looks like he's gonna be the best 1 or 2 hitter that we have. Unfortunately we do not have a spot for him to play every day. Theriot at the top with Soriano behind him looks really good.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                      It shows he cares and knows they could play better.
                      No, it doesn't.

                      It only shows that he uses yelling as motivation.
                      Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                      Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic View Post
                        No, it doesn't.

                        It only shows that he uses yelling as motivation.
                        Look at Dempster since Lou reemed him. I heard the Len and Bob talk about how crisp his pitches are lately, but that could be due to not having to pitch alot though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                          Look at Dempster since Lou reemed him
                          That's meaningless.

                          It would be like me saying "Look at Aramis since Lou went off screaming. Now's he's hurt."
                          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                          Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic View Post
                            That's meaningless.

                            It would be like me saying "Look at Aramis since Lou went off screaming. Now's he's hurt."
                            So what you are sayin is Lou blowing up at a pitcher has not effect on that pitcher buckling down and looking sharper after the blowup?
                            BELIEVE

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CubsHub View Post
                              So what you are sayin is Lou blowing up at a pitcher has not effect on that pitcher buckling down and looking sharper after the blowup?
                              Outsiders looking in see a response by Dempster and think Lou is the reason why. But from an insiders' perspective, no, there is no correlation. As a former Big Ten (U of I) college baseball player, I've been exposed to scenerios that most guys who love watching baseball or played in high school never have had. And in all my time in baseball, I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper or hit harder.
                              Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM.
                              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                              Line Drive: .356
                              HBP: .342
                              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                              Intentional Walk: .176
                              Outfield Fly: .035
                              Groundball: -.101
                              Bunts: -.103
                              Infield Fly: -.243
                              Strikeout: -.287
                              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X