• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RBi
    Is it next year yet?
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    As a former Big Ten (U of I) college baseball player, no, absolutely positively no. I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper.
    ok, how about this.

Is there not the slight chance that Lou's rant to Dempster said something that sunk in with the way ryan was pitching?

If not, then why was everyone complaining about Dusty being so calm last year? if blowing up doesnt help then why was everyone wanting someone who would show emotion?
    BELIEVE

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
      Stats dont lie except def
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CubsHub View Post
      ok, how about this.

Is there not the slight chance that Lou's rant to Dempster said something that sunk in with the way ryan was pitching?

If not, then why was everyone complaining about Dusty being so calm last year? if blowing up doesnt help then why was everyone wanting someone who would show emotion?
      Of course there is always a slight chance but it's very slight.

The people who complained about Dusty being calm, don't know baseball, they're fans without much playing time experience.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

• RBi
        Is it next year yet?
        • Jan 2005

Of course there is always a slight chance but it's very slight.

The people who complained about Dusty being calm, don't know baseball, they're fans without much playing time experience.
        Well some of those same people are now saying Lou's rant has no effect...

Sometimes you cant win for nothin...
        BELIEVE

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
          • Oct 2005

Well some of those same people are now saying Lou's rant has no effect...

Sometimes you cant win for nothin...
          Yelling OR not yelling at players will affect/effect the team the same way. People just wanted a change from ol' Dusty and Lou's loud mouth is about as opposite of toothpick chompin' Baker as possible. The true difference between the two will be seen in how they fill out the lineup card. And so far, I'm not seeing that big of a difference: vet Floyd over young Murton, etc.
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

• Slightly Sarcastic
            loudmouth crackpot
            • Dec 2005

So what you are sayin is Lou blowing up at a pitcher has not effect on that pitcher buckling down and looking sharper after the blowup?
            Not a measurable one.

I never complained about Dusty being calm, I complained about his stupidity. So far, I'm seeing alot of the same things from Lou.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

• Scartissue
              • Jun 2006

And in all my time in baseball, I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper or hit harder.
              One guy that might not take it so well is Lilly. It was rumored that he gave Gibbons a bloody nose last year because he didn't take to Gibbons' rough handling.
              To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

• Whitesoxnut
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic View Post
                Not a measurable one.

I never complained about Dusty being calm, I complained about his stupidity. So far, I'm seeing alot of the same things from Lou.
                Yeah but baseball isn't a game that requires a rocket scientist as a manager. It does require a manager who knows baseball and has good instincts, and, in my opinion, a guy who doesn't tolerate sloppy execution. Dusty was none of them. Its still to early to tell about Lou but I think Lou has all of them.

The man deserves a chance guys.
                "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

• starkeeper
                  • Apr 2006

Wow, I wanted to share this with you. Count down to the 2 minute 35 second mark!

"I see how this team has been losing games, I see that now!"
                  If you think that was a Lou "Tirade" you had better put a seat belt on, because you ain't seen nothin' yet!!

Comment

• Bob Sacamento
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by starkeeper View Post
                    If you think that was a Lou "Tirade" you had better put a seat belt on, because you ain't seen nothin' yet!!
                    Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
                    One guy that might not take it so well is Lilly. It was rumored that he gave Gibbons a bloody nose last year because he didn't take to Gibbons' rough handling.
                    If Lou got into a fight with a player it wouldn't be the first time. Case in point, Ron Dibble. As for Lou tirades, if they happen more frequently and with greater magnitude, it likely means the team is out of contention.

Comment

• SDL
                      Who the hell is Stan Papi
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                      still nothing on lee elia!
                      NOTHING can top Lee Elia.

Give Lou credit. If you had Joey Pitbull--oops Joe Girardi, he'd have thrown players against the wall...
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X