• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
    still nothing on lee elia!
    NOTHING can top Lee Elia.

Give Lou credit. If you had Joey Pitbull--oops Joe Girardi, he'd have thrown players against the wall...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Originally posted by starkeeper View Post
    If you think that was a Lou "Tirade" you had better put a seat belt on, because you ain't seen nothin' yet!!
    Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
    One guy that might not take it so well is Lilly. It was rumored that he gave Gibbons a bloody nose last year because he didn't take to Gibbons' rough handling.
    If Lou got into a fight with a player it wouldn't be the first time. Case in point, Ron Dibble. As for Lou tirades, if they happen more frequently and with greater magnitude, it likely means the team is out of contention.

Leave a comment:

• starkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by CubsHub View Post
    Wow, I wanted to share this with you. Count down to the 2 minute 35 second mark!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines
    "I see how this team has been losing games, I see that now!"
    If you think that was a Lou "Tirade" you had better put a seat belt on, because you ain't seen nothin' yet!!

Leave a comment:

• Whitesoxnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic View Post
    Not a measurable one.

I never complained about Dusty being calm, I complained about his stupidity. So far, I'm seeing alot of the same things from Lou.
    Yeah but baseball isn't a game that requires a rocket scientist as a manager. It does require a manager who knows baseball and has good instincts, and, in my opinion, a guy who doesn't tolerate sloppy execution. Dusty was none of them. Its still to early to tell about Lou but I think Lou has all of them.

The man deserves a chance guys.

Leave a comment:

• Scartissue
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    And in all my time in baseball, I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper or hit harder.
    One guy that might not take it so well is Lilly. It was rumored that he gave Gibbons a bloody nose last year because he didn't take to Gibbons' rough handling.

Leave a comment:

• Slightly Sarcastic
    replied
    So what you are sayin is Lou blowing up at a pitcher has not effect on that pitcher buckling down and looking sharper after the blowup?
    Not a measurable one.

I never complained about Dusty being calm, I complained about his stupidity. So far, I'm seeing alot of the same things from Lou.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Well some of those same people are now saying Lou's rant has no effect...

Sometimes you cant win for nothin...
    Yelling OR not yelling at players will affect/effect the team the same way. People just wanted a change from ol' Dusty and Lou's loud mouth is about as opposite of toothpick chompin' Baker as possible. The true difference between the two will be seen in how they fill out the lineup card. And so far, I'm not seeing that big of a difference: vet Floyd over young Murton, etc.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    Of course there is always a slight chance but it's very slight.

The people who complained about Dusty being calm, don't know baseball, they're fans without much playing time experience.
    Well some of those same people are now saying Lou's rant has no effect...

Sometimes you cant win for nothin...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    ok, how about this.

Is there not the slight chance that Lou's rant to Dempster said something that sunk in with the way ryan was pitching?

If not, then why was everyone complaining about Dusty being so calm last year? if blowing up doesnt help then why was everyone wanting someone who would show emotion?
    Of course there is always a slight chance but it's very slight.

The people who complained about Dusty being calm, don't know baseball, they're fans without much playing time experience.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    As a former Big Ten (U of I) college baseball player, no, absolutely positively no. I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper.
    ok, how about this.

Is there not the slight chance that Lou's rant to Dempster said something that sunk in with the way ryan was pitching?

If not, then why was everyone complaining about Dusty being so calm last year? if blowing up doesnt help then why was everyone wanting someone who would show emotion?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    So what you are sayin is Lou blowing up at a pitcher has not effect on that pitcher buckling down and looking sharper after the blowup?
    Outsiders looking in see a response by Dempster and think Lou is the reason why. But from an insiders' perspective, no, there is no correlation. As a former Big Ten (U of I) college baseball player, I've been exposed to scenerios that most guys who love watching baseball or played in high school never have had. And in all my time in baseball, I've never come across a teammate on my team or another that says a coach blowing up on them makes them throw sharper or hit harder.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 04-16-2007, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    That's meaningless.

It would be like me saying "Look at Aramis since Lou went off screaming. Now's he's hurt."

Leave a comment:

• Slightly Sarcastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
    Look at Dempster since Lou reemed him
    That's meaningless.

It would be like me saying "Look at Aramis since Lou went off screaming. Now's he's hurt."

Leave a comment:

• Lipsander
    replied
    No, it doesn't.

It only shows that he uses yelling as motivation.
    Look at Dempster since Lou reemed him. I heard the Len and Bob talk about how crisp his pitches are lately, but that could be due to not having to pitch alot though.

Leave a comment:

• Slightly Sarcastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
    It shows he cares and knows they could play better.
    No, it doesn't.

It only shows that he uses yelling as motivation.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X