scheduling oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduling oddity

anyone know why MLB scheduled Chi to take a 2 game road trip to ATL in the middle of 14 home games?
    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Originally posted by jpenrod View Post
    anyone know why MLB scheduled Chi to take a 2 game road trip to ATL in the middle of 14 home games?
    That's just scheduling for ya, of course the interleague games don't help the matter.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
      That's just scheduling for ya, of course the interleague games don't help the matter.
      Yeah I don't know. seems like on slipped through the cracks here. I have never seen a team take a two-game road trip, unless it tis the end of the season and they are making games up.

What tipped me off on the cubs schedule is seeing ATL travel to Was for two-games (Mon,Tue), then Back to Atlanta for two-games (Wed, Thur), Then back to NY for three games (Fri-Sun), then back to Florida (Mon-Wed), then out to Col for three games (fri-sun). That is one messed up schedule, I am not sure Ihave ever seen the likes of that before. I figured there had to be some logic to it.
      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Teams take 2 game trips that make no sense all the time. The Tigers for example start the season with 3 at home, 10 on the road, 6 at home and then the weird part:
        They have a game Monday night @ Anaheim, followed by a day game, follwed by a game in Chicago the next day. They have to fly across the country and they'll be there for less than 48 hours.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X