The scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scoreboard

The Tribune had a great article on the Wrigley scoreboard today. Ive always loved that scoreboard and never liked these newfangled videothingys draped all over MLB. In my opinion the game should be the draw, not the scoreboard. I think the Wrigley SB shows exactly the correct amount of information needed. Time, score,count, batter who's up, hit or error, whats going on around the league... Who needs more information or needs to see live video of couples kissing?

Not I that's for sure. I go to games to watch baseball period!

I always loved that scoreboard.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Yep. It's a dying breed unfortunately. Notice next time you are there or are watching, how quickly the put up the info, like balls and strikes. Those people are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
      The Tribune had a great article on the Wrigley scoreboard today. Ive always loved that scoreboard and never liked these newfangled videothingys draped all over MLB. In my opinion the game should be the draw, not the scoreboard. I think the Wrigley SB shows exactly the correct amount of information needed. Time, score,count, batter who's up, hit or error, whats going on around the league... Who needs more information or needs to see live video of couples kissing?

Not I that's for sure. I go to games to watch baseball period!

I always loved that scoreboard.
      I feel that this is just another attack on modernisation. I don't believe there is anything wrong with scoreboards that use this newfangled electricity and moving pictures and to be honest you never really gave us any reasons not to in your post aside from that they give us too much information which just seems stupid to me.
      Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

I love technology and the new type scoreboards, but Wrigley is awesome because of that huge scoreboard and the ivy, close crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
          I love technology and the new type scoreboards, but Wrigley is awesome because of that huge scoreboard and the ivy, close crowd.
          I too love the scoreboard but I love it in the environment of Wrigley field. To put up a load of immitation ones just for the sake of it would ruin it in my opinion
          Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

According to Pat and Ron the guy who created the scoreboard was at the ballpark tonight. He is 90 years old. He designed the scoreboard when he was 20!

Comment

Originally posted by nightotter View Post
              According to Pat and Ron the guy who created the scoreboard was at the ballpark tonight. He is 90 years old. He designed the scoreboard when he was 20!
              What's even more funny to me is that Len said he brought some extra parts with him and gave them to the Cubs....lol. He just designed the circuit board part that controls the balls/strikes/outs on the scoreboard.

Comment

Well with the current rules in place for replays anything besides a Wrigley Field scoreboard is a waste of money and considering that most stadiums nowadays are built by the taxpayers I would say it is a waste of taxpayers money.

What is the point of spending millions of dollars to purchase a jumbo screen if you don't show anything relevant on it? What is the point of these new fangled video screens that show base/out situations for other games if you only update it every 15 minutes or so?

New technolody would be great if they used it properly. They don't, so yes it is bad.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X