pitcher of record in tonight's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitcher of record in tonight's game

Marquis and Wuertz put up respectable performances tonight. Howry and Eyre didn't. Howry notched the win after picking up a blown save and more or less losing the game for the Cubs. Eyre picked up a hold from pitching in the 8th, but blew it in the 9th. I don't think a guy's stats should be rewarded for such poor work. I don't really care for the requirements for starters to be the pitcher of record either. Marquis pitched 5 2/3 innings of solid baseball, maintaining the lead by a considerable margin, and walked away with no decision. How is that fair?

I realize I should quit whining and revel in the fact that we won. But Marquis got cheated.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Yeah I agree. I was watching this on MLB's game tracker or whatever its called and about dropped a pile in my drawers when I saw that HR posted up. The bullpen has been good for a little while now, but last night was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
      Yeah I agree. I was watching this on MLB's game tracker or whatever its called and about dropped a pile in my drawers when I saw that HR posted up. The bullpen has been good for a little while now, but last night was bad.
      I was watching the same. No CSN here in Kansas. I blame Eyre, not Howry, but I still don't think Howry should have gotten the win. Likewise, Fuentes had no earned runs and picked up the loss.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X