Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones to Florida?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...wsbreaking-hed

and billy petrick is called up from double A. 1-1 2.37 ERA there with 33 K's and 8 walks in 30 1/3 innings.

Comment

Apparently, the deal has hit a "major snag," in relation to how much money the Cubs will have to cough up (according to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal).
      A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

If Jones leaves, then Eyre will pay for it--all the fans' venom will be more concentrated on him. Hope it doesn't get as ugly as it did for Latroy (probably not, considering he's not closing).
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Now he says it won't happen barring a major reversal...

:crossfingers: *Cross your fingers for a major reversal* :crossfingers:
          A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Latest update--Fox just reported the trade died.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6964484
            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

too bad it went down the toliet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
                Latest update--Fox just reported the trade died.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6964484
                damnit! i want that piece of crap gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
                  If Jones leaves, then Eyre will pay for it--all the fans' venom will be more concentrated on him. Hope it doesn't get as ugly as it did for Latroy (probably not, considering he's not closing).
                  Eyre isnt in right field, where the worst of the garbage flingers reside.

Kinda stringent no?
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post

Kinda stringent no?
                    no. he is dead weight on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                      The prospect we were to get, LHP Graham Taylor, isn't too bad. But to trade Jones plus 2M PLUS another prospect is kinda steep.
                      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                      Line Drive: .356
                      HBP: .342
                      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                      Intentional Walk: .176
                      Outfield Fly: .035
                      Groundball: -.101
                      Bunts: -.103
                      Infield Fly: -.243
                      Strikeout: -.287
                      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                        The prospect we were to get, LHP Graham Taylor, isn't too bad. But to trade Jones plus 2M PLUS another prospect is kinda steep.
                        true true. good point on the price part to get a decent prospect back (and unloading jones) is a bit steep.

Still, i cant see him being around for long

Comment

Not entirely. Mind you, he's the guy I want to see gone right now too, but he's not a bad baseball player. He's a limited baseball player that's having a down year. Try having a team without a guy like that....
                          Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

He's been dead weight ever since the Cubs picked him up, and Ive been saying here for two years it was a bad signing.
                            But "piece of crap"? C'mon? The Mutts I lock up for shooting people are "pieces of crap", not a baseball player.

Heres the thing with Jones. He's a bit player because he doesn't have a complete game and never did. He's a marginal fielder and while he can hit he can do so only against righties. Even worse, with so many outfielders this year, hes been sitting at the plate waiting for his pitch so he can drive it over the wall and be the hero of the game.

Last year he was hitting the outside pitch to the opposite way and this year hes not doing that. Now he's been in the NL for two years and pitchers know how to pitch to him. Guys know hes laying off that outside fastball and Jones is just pressing to hard, and acting miserable, because hes not getting his at bats.

So sure, you'd like to trade him, but maybe its better waiting and letting a few more teams get a few more injuries. Later on in the year a slot player like Jones will probably have more value.
                            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
                              He's been dead weight ever since the Cubs picked him up, and Ive been saying here for two years it was a bad signing.
                              But "piece of crap"? C'mon? The Mutts I lock up for shooting people are "pieces of crap", not a baseball player.
                              naw, hes not a piece of crap literally, just baseball wise this year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X