Back to Back Sweeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Back Sweeping

Bob or anyone, do you know the last time our Cubs swept two teams back to back? I've been watching for years and cannot remember such a time.

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
    Bob or anyone, do you know the last time our Cubs swept two teams back to back? I've been watching for years and cannot remember such a time.
    According to Pat Hughes it happened in April 2004 Pirates and Mets.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you.

Comment

All you have to do is goover to retrosheet.org and look it up.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Sweep

Now if the Cubs can sweep Milwaukee in the next series then we're talking possibilities. On paper the Brewers are not as good as the Cubs. Cubs have a better team BA and a better team ERA. Unfortunately its the W-L that count

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonJim View Post
            Now if the Cubs can sweep Milwaukee in the next series then we're talking possibilities. On paper the Brewers are not as good as the Cubs. Cubs have a better team BA and a better team ERA. Unfortunately its the W-L that count
            I wouldn't expect a sweep in Milwaukee, but looking forward to July, there isn't a game on the schedule that doesn't look winnable. Winning 19 or 20 of 26 would improve our standing quite a bit, and if nothing else, put us at the top of the wild card standings.
            Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

I do not expect a sweep of Milwaukee either, but if we could, it would put the Cubs @ 4.5 back. I think that would make the boyz more hungry than ever. I think we've finally got somewhat of a set lineup and all the guys know their role and are starting to mesh. All I can say is keep it going boyz. All this recent winning is getting me excited. I think I'll head up to Pittsburgh this next weekend and hopefully catch a couple or three Cub wins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X