ticket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry Biittner
    I bought Cubs-Pirates tickets in Pittsburgh last year, and a guy from the Pirates ticket office called to sell me pre-sale tickets for this year!

You can get decent tickets on the street if you avoid the scalpers near the El station. They are scum.
    Ditto. Got burned one time for a Cards-Cub game with counterfeit tickets. We did get in the park, but had to leave our seats in the 2nd inning. Told we could stand, but there wasn't really any room for that. Happened to quite a few folks that day.
    It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Originally posted by halloffamefan
      You shouldn't have trouble getting decent seats for that game. If you're willing and able, just go to the box office a few hours before gametime and purchase some seats. They'll definitely release more tickets that day.

Will this be your first visit to Wrigley?
      Is that the box office on Waveland Ave? A few years ago I was sitting in some greats seats behind home plate, a vendor to our companry had given me. I was talking to the guy in front of me, he said he had just purchased his tickets at that Waveland office about 1 1/2 hours before the game, said the Cubs have a deal where season ticket holders can sell unused tickets back to the Cubs, who resell them with a small surcharge day of game. Was curious if they still do that.
      It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards
        Is that the box office on Waveland Ave? A few years ago I was sitting in some greats seats behind home plate, a vendor to our companry had given me. I was talking to the guy in front of me, he said he had just purchased his tickets at that Waveland office about 1 1/2 hours before the game, said the Cubs have a deal where season ticket holders can sell unused tickets back to the Cubs, who resell them with a small surcharge day of game. Was curious if they still do that.

"Small surcharge", now THAT'S funny.

There are a few 'legit' scalpers that operate out of the buildings around the park. But there's nothing small about the extra fees they tack on.

There might be a few season ticket holders that sell their tickets back to the Cubs, but those folks would be fools. The Cubs won't pay more than face value to get those tickets back, and you could get much more on Ebay, StubHub, or some similiar site.

The real reason the ticket brokers outside the park is because the Tribune Company actually owns at least one of them, possibly more. The Cubs sell that broker tickets at face value, without ever offering them to the public, and that broker jacks the price up. It's a horrible mess and some judge somewhere actually upheld their right to do it.
        Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by cubmanjay
          How many tickets are you looking for? When I bought tickets last year I bought seperates. Just depends on how bad you want to see a game and where you want to sit. I didn't mind sitting seperated from my dad because I was there to watch the game.

On a side note, i'm in my 30's and there was nothing better than going to see a Cubs baseball game @ Wrigley with my dad for the first time, both of us long time Cubs fans.
          i am looking to get 4 tickets, i really don't care where i sit....i just want to be in the building with my friends. we are actually planning on taking a stadium tour on sat 4/22

Comment

the only "scalper" that the Cubs own is on clark street, north of the ballpark.

the guys right by the El on Addison are hard sell guys, so stay away.

On a monday night in April, you will have NO problem getting a decent value on a seat.

www.chicago.craigslist.org is another good low cost spot to find tickets.

Comment

well i don't have to worry. i got my tix for the game i wanted.

section 7 row 5.

question.....is that the bartman section?

let me know...just interested

thanks

Comment

I actually lucked out and picked up tickets for 12 games this year--the three for the weekend in April when I'm coming out, and nine games for my sister-in-law. Now all I need is for her to mail me the check. . .

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
                  well i don't have to worry. i got my tix for the game i wanted.

section 7 row 5.

question.....is that the bartman section?

let me know...just interested

thanks
                  Bartman, a lifelong Cubs fan, was sitting in a box seat (Aisle 4, row 8, seat 113) in the front row along the left field corner wall behind the bullpen, when a pop foul fly off the bat of Luis Castillo drifted toward his seat with one out and runner on base in the eighth inning. Cubs left fielder Moises Alou was in position to attempt a catch, but Bartman, who was watching the ball and not the fielder, blocked the ball from Alou's glove. Alou slammed his glove down in frustration, and the Cubs argued for an interference call. Video replays showed that Alou would have had an opportunity to make the catch if Bartman had not reached for the ball but were inconclusive on the issue of whether or not fan interference should have been called.
                  BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X