Does Wood belong in the Pen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Wood belong in the Pen?

This might be a good dispute. I do not believe he needs to be in the PEn. He just needs to stay healthy.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

"I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

I don't think so, but am open to evidence to the contrary. He does need to get a away from Dusty "Career Killer" Baker.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Kerry Wood is finished. Thanks Dusty.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
        I don't think so, but am open to evidence to the contrary. He does need to get a away from Dusty "Career Killer" Baker.
        Dusty had nothing to do with Wood's past history of arm troubles. Wood threw just as much the season before with Baylor as skipper as with Dusty in 2003. Wood's problems lie within himself for his laundry list of arm and shoulder problems due to his mechanics. The Cubs pushed him up too fast and didn't alter his delivery while he was the minors, so basically Wood will have the same mechanics as he always has with a few alterations. But he's thrown too long the way he has now to make drastic changes.

And if Cub fans want to blame someone else for Wood's arm problems, it's not Dusty's fault but rather the Riggleman and Lynch that had a 21 year old kid who was not used to the workload, anchoring the 1998 staff.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Let's just say Dusty is not known as a pitcher's manager and no one will accuse Rothschild of being a guru.

So this year we find out how well they handle pitchers, not only Kerry Wood, but Wade Miller too.

How can your staff ace show up at spring training with arm problems like Prior did last year?

Comment

Wood was injury prone long before Dusty came onto the scene. He needs to be in the pen, OR the Cubs need to get one good year out of him, and trade him somewhere, so he can become someone else's health liability.
            I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

I'd say if He can get back his pitching form back from rehab and with some twicking of the mechanics He should start. We need a strong arm, but if He can only do short ininng work He needs to come out of the bullpen for some quick shutout work to stop the other team.

THE CUBS WILL BE IN THE MIX IN 2006
              We won't be late in 2008:gt
              With a WORLD SERIES IN CHICAGO.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dak
                How can your staff ace show up at spring training with arm problems like Prior did last year?
                Prior was injured by a line drive to his arm last year, freak injury.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I say, make him the setup man and eventually the closer. Fix those awful mechanics and protect his wing by having him throw fewer pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by RyneSandberg23
                    I say, make him the setup man and eventually the closer. Fix those awful mechanics and protect his wing by having him throw fewer pitches.

Thank God someone agrees with me.

Comment

The Cubs have had since 1998 to fix Wood's mechanics. I doubt it will happen now. Either he can't or won't change.
                      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Wood needs to start

I believe that Kerry Wood needs to Keep working on his arm and by the time the season rolls around, let him decide. We can't feel what he feels like. I myself would prefer seeing him start a few games and go from there.
                        Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

I'm sure the Cards and 'Stros would prefer he start a few games, tear an elbow ligament, and go on the dl for five months.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X