Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Place!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Place!

    First time in a year. I was watching the game on ComCast, and I am not a Cubs fan (but not a hater), and I heard the crowd singing a song in the background with the song over the PA. What was the name of the song?
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

    "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

  • #2
    go cubs go

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
      First time in a year. I was watching the game on ComCast, and I am not a Cubs fan (but not a hater), and I heard the crowd singing a song in the background with the song over the PA. What was the name of the song?
      By Steve Goodman.

      Comment


      • #4
        Now repeat after me: Thank you NY Mets for beating the Brewers!
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

        Comment


        • #5
          sweet

          Comment


          • #6
            Now it's up to you guys to hold that lead. If the Mets don't make the WS... I hope that you guys do. Best of luck!
            Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been pulling the Cubs bandwagon for the season...hoping they don't prove me wrong.
              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

              "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                Now it's up to you guys to hold that lead. If the Mets don't make the WS... I hope that you guys do. Best of luck!
                Thank you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm going to control my optimism. 2003 still stings every time I think back to it. When Bartman happened (and no, I don't blame him), I immediately turned to my wife and said that it was an omen, well before Gonzo muffed the DP ball. When they finally lost the series to Florida, I think I sat in a dark room for over half an hour staring at a blank screen.

                  Cubs have been breaking my heart ever since I was a kid watching them blow the series against the Padres, and I'm still wary of their problem areas.
                  To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ^ lol yeah 2003 was terrible for me. I remember driving around for hours after the final game. I do blame Bartman just for wrecking the mental flow of that other game but that's another conversation for another day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shawon-o-Meter View Post
                      ^ lol yeah 2003 was terrible for me. I remember driving around for hours after the final game. I do blame Bartman just for wrecking the mental flow of that other game but that's another conversation for another day.
                      Nice user name man. I had forgotten about the Shawon-o-meter.....lol. The funny thing is, as big as the Bartman mishap was, Kerry Wood's homer is what sticks out in my mind the most. Other than Dusty leaving in Prior too long.
                      Last edited by Lipsander; 08-03-2007, 07:04 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                        Kerry Wood's homer is what sticks out in my mind the most.

                        Yes. God, do I ever love a good hitting pitching staff.
                        Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've got to say this has been an impressive turn around by the Cubbies. I just knew it was all over when Michael Barrett and Z-Man went at in the dugout. The Brewers had a little scuffle in their dugout yesterday, could it warrant the same type of turnaround? We'll see.
                          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                            Yes. God, do I ever love a good hitting pitching staff.
                            They were even better pitchers. I don't think any other starting rotation that year had the stuff that Wood, Prior, Zambrano and Clement had. Without checking the numbers, off the top of my head, that was probably the best starting rotation the Cubs have had during my years as a Cubs fan (starting around 1980). Maybe 1984 was better?
                            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
                              They were even better pitchers. I don't think any other starting rotation that year had the stuff that Wood, Prior, Zambrano and Clement had. Without checking the numbers, off the top of my head, that was probably the best starting rotation the Cubs have had during my years as a Cubs fan (starting around 1980). Maybe 1984 was better?
                              '03 was my first year watching (Clement was the guy who sucked me in), so you can imagine how much disappointment I've felt in the interim. The other key thing to remember with that pitching staff was how rock solid Borowski was.
                              Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X