First Place!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    BTW Mets fans, I like Sosa. He looks a little like our Marmol.
    He did more than we could have asked of him. He pitched well as a starter until his first start against the Dodgers. Since that he never really recovered. Likely because they got a new scouting report on him. He may look like Marmol but he doesn't have the potential.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
      And it cost them the game didn't it??
      If you guys were leading the Central by 10 games then I'd say "who cares?"... but everygame counts for the Cubs.
      On the whole, Dempster's contributions have kept us in games. The reasons we're in a close race instead of 10 games ahead is poor run production and god awful pitching from the bullpen (minus Dempster and Wuertz) in the early part of the season. Demp has been a bright spot on the team all year.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
        He did more than we could have asked of him. He pitched well as a starter until his first start against the Dodgers. Since that he never really recovered. Likely because they got a new scouting report on him. He may look like Marmol but he doesn't have the potential.
        Give him another year. Marmol didn't look all that great for a lot of last season. Sosa has a couple of nice looking pitches and he plays with a lot of enthusiasm.

Comment

He's 30 so he's not a prospect. I wouldn't mind him sticking around. Part of the reason he sucked so badly last year because Leo Mazzone left the Braves for Baltimore.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

He's 30 so he's not a prospect. I wouldn't mind him sticking around. Part of the reason he sucked so badly last year because Leo Mazzone left the Braves for Baltimore.
            Didn't realize he was quite that old. Hasn't anybody told him that the proper protocol for a reliever in their 30s is to grow gristly, half-grey stubble and always come to the park looking like you just finished a three-day bender?

Comment

Like Scott Eyre?

Comment

Like Scott Eyre?

See also: Mike Remlinger, Joe Borowski. Those two guys define for me the proper demeanor for an aging reliever.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X