Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soriano leaves game in the 3rd inning... Strained left quad..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soriano leaves game in the 3rd inning... Strained left quad..

Currently they are calling him "day to day"

but if it is indeed "strained" I would suspect he will be out a few weeks at LEAST.
    BELIEVE

Not good...I hope it's a strain and nothing more

Comment

That was gutwrenching to watch him hobble in like that. I think we're probably deep enough on the bench to survive, but it's a bad time to have him out. If he goes to the DL, I'm curious as to who they would bring up. Counting DeRosa there are still five OFs, and the four true OFs each play two positions.

So I guess that probably means another catcher, right?
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        That was gutwrenching to watch him hobble in like that. I think we're probably deep enough on the bench to survive, but it's a bad time to have him out. If he goes to the DL, I'm curious as to who they would bring up. Counting DeRosa there are still five OFs, and the four true OFs each play two positions.

So I guess that probably means another catcher, right?
        i first thought it was a hammy (being on the opposite side of the stadium as that play) but i think i would prefer the strained quad then the pulled hammy because then it would really be a few weeks.

Comment

It looked like it could have been from the heat. Who knows. Fortunately for the Cubs the Brewers aren't running away with the division.
          Last edited by NYMets523; 08-05-2007, 09:23 PM.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
            It could be from the heat. Zambrano get cramps and Castillo left with heat exhaustion.
            Hopefully that's the case.

Injury is one aspect where baseball is a lot less painful to watch than football. I remember Kimble Anders (FB/RB for the Chiefs through the late '90s) doing the same little hobble when his Achilles' tendon snapped, and the defender still had to put him on the turf to stop the play. Wright stepping of the base and applying the tag while propping up Fonz was a whole lot easier to watch.
            Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Too bad it looks like its a 1cm tear. It'll keep him on the shelf until Labor Day.

Comment

For those who might not already know...

Labor Day is on September 3rd.
                BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                  Too bad it looks like its a 1cm tear. It'll keep him on the shelf until Labor Day.
                  A 1cm tear of the rectus femoris is not good, classification wise, it's a moderate strain with 30-40% of the muscle head torn. 4-6 weeks is a good prognosis but his running will hampered the rest of the year and a chance for reinjury is high if he doesn't continue his rehab.
                  What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                  Line Drive: .356
                  HBP: .342
                  Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                  Intentional Walk: .176
                  Outfield Fly: .035
                  Groundball: -.101
                  Bunts: -.103
                  Infield Fly: -.243
                  Strikeout: -.287
                  It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I read the medical staff said they were glad his other surrounding muscles were really strong, which minimized this tear. If that's true, thank God. I know Sept 3rd isn't that far away, but man it will seem like ages if the team starts to tank. I don't think they will though. :crossfingers:

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                      I read the medical staff said they were glad his other surrounding muscles were really strong, which minimized this tear. If that's true, thank God. I know Sept 3rd isn't that far away, but man it will seem like ages if the team starts to tank. I don't think they will though. :crossfingers:
                      The majority of the guys at Soriano's age would be in the same situation with strong vastus muscles (medialis, lateralis, intermedialis). The rectus femoris is the big boy muscle, when you flex your quads, he's the biggest. But he doesn't do the majority of the extension work, that goes to the vastis medalis. Still a moderate rectus femoris strain is nothing to just right off. We will definately see Fonzy back (probably in 4 weeks) but he won't be at a 100%. Still his bat is definately needed right now, more than legs. My only fear is that we rush him back too soon and he has lingering effects through out this season/playoffs and into next season. I just don't want to see our long term commitment to Alf be put into jeopardy by our desire to make the playoffs this season, we have seven more seasons with him.
                      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                      Line Drive: .356
                      HBP: .342
                      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                      Intentional Walk: .176
                      Outfield Fly: .035
                      Groundball: -.101
                      Bunts: -.103
                      Infield Fly: -.243
                      Strikeout: -.287
                      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X