ESPN Mobile & Juan Pierre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Mobile & Juan Pierre

For those of you who missed the cool commercial with Juan Pierre. Like him in a Cub uniform or not, I think this will send some chills down your back. It was cool.

Scroll down, and click on the link...

http://mobile.espn.go.com/
    Witnessing a team doing a complete 180 since the 2003 playoffs...

I thought that was him but nobody at the party believed me.

Comment

Yea, I noticed this as well, it was odd. :gt
      A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Did you see Wood & Miller in the commercial? They were sitting on a bench in the background wearing arm slings.
        beware of the censorship police

Comment

Originally posted by burger eater
          Did you see Wood & Miller in the commercial? They were sitting on a bench in the background wearing arm slings.
          No but I did see Jim Edmunds behind the bench... You sure you are not a Cardinals fan?
          BELIEVE

Comment

Here is a still frame from the ad.

Pierre is seen here at a sidewalk, trying to steal and get to the other side..
            Looked a bit odd seeing him running to his left tho...
            BELIEVE

Comment

No but I did see Jim Edmunds behind the bench... You sure you are not a Cardinals fan?
              What gave me away?

Comment

What gave me away?

I knew it!

JK
                BELIEVE

Comment

CHICAGO -- Yes, that was new Chicago Cubs center fielder Juan Pierre making a cameo appearance during a commercial on Super Bowl Sunday.
                  Pierre was included in an ad for the ESPN mobile phone in the second quarter. Several athletes make brief appearances in the commercial, including St. Louis center fielder Jim Edmonds. Pierre can be seen poised at an intersection, then dashing to his left across the street in base-stealing style.

Hopefully, when he's with the Cubs he'll only be stealing bases while going to his right.

Pierre actually filmed the commercial months ago when he was a member of the Florida Marlins -- and he was wearing a Marlins uniform at that time. But the commercial's producers were able to update the ad and digitally impose a Cubs uniform on him, all the way down to his trademark high socks.

The Cubs acquired the speedy Pierre from the Marlins on Dec. 7 in exchange for pitchers Sergio Mitre, Ricky Nolasco and Renyel Pinto.
                  AHH the powers of a computer.
                  BELIEVE

Comment

That's a fantastic CGI job. I only saw fleeting images of him and originally thought it was a bad computer work, but it was actually a very good job.

Can't wait to see the real thing on the baseball field
                    EAMUS CATULI!
                    AC036198

Comment

Xbox 360 screenshot..

Here is a screenshot of Pierre running the bases in a screenshot of the MLB 2k6 game..

Xbox 360 version is going to be AWESOME!

Once I get it I will take some screen shots and show them off here.
                      BELIEVE

Comment

Pierre actually filmed the commercial months ago when he was a member of the Florida Marlins -- and he was wearing a Marlins uniform at that time. But the commercial's producers were able to update the ad and digitally impose a Cubs uniform on him, all the way down to his trademark high socks.
                        That explains why his uniform looks so strange. I thought the color looked way too dark and the logo on the jersey looks like a knock-off of official MLB merchandise.

Comment

That explains why his uniform looks so strange. I thought the color looked way too dark and the logo on the jersey looks like a knock-off of official MLB merchandise.
                          It's a Cubs BP jersey, actually.
                          EAMUS CATULI!
                          AC036198

Comment

Actually... you're right. I forgot about those hideous things. Something about that uni. seems wrong, maybe it's the midnight blue helmet. I understand why they did it, because it matches the Marlins black much easier. Not that it matters, it just looks like a generic halloween costume version of a Cubs uniform.

Comment

Its going to be awesome

I can't wait to see Juan Pierre actually in a Cubs uniform!
                              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X