X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by Santo4HallofFame View Post
    I am so tired of all you acting like Matt Murton is anything above a random call up from the minors. He is a very overrated prospect. I would take Eric Patterson over him anyday. I still think we shouldve made a move for Dye ,Griffey, Or Dunn. But whatever.
    So that was someone else that led the team in BA last season? My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Scartissue
    replied
    Originally posted by Santo4HallofFame View Post
    I am so tired of all you acting like Matt Murton is anything above a random call up from the minors. He is a very overrated prospect. I would take Eric Patterson over him anyday. I still think we shouldve made a move for Dye ,Griffey, Or Dunn. But whatever.
    I don't know who you mean by "all you" and "overrated". He plays average defense, and probably will his whole career. I think he might develop into a .290/.360/.430 hitter, which would be productive, but not really close to being an all-star. Many people here are probably even less optimistic than me. I haven't heard anyone say he would be a top player. He's well-liked by the fans, so people also root for him for that reason.

Leave a comment:

• Santo4HallofFame
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scartissue
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    Since the Cubs sent Pie back down, his line is:

.333/.373/.573/.945 in 22 games going 32/96 with 19R, 3 2B, 1 3B, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 6 BB, 21 K, 3/5 SB.

He definately needs to work on his plate recognition (cutting down on the Ks and upping the BB) but his stroke is there and his defense in CF would save us exponientally. I'm still a little perplexed by the Patterson callup especially at this time (and we're starting his options clock). Since the AAA All-Star Break here's EP's line:

.300/.355/.455/.810 in 25 games going 33/110 with 16 R, 6 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 16 RBI, 10 BB, 21 K, 2/6 SB

He's got nearly the same plate discipline as Pie while not providing nearly the same defensive ability. The only nod I'll give to Patterson is that he can most of the outfield and 2B, as well as SS too in a pinch.
    Although he isn't my first choice for a callup, at least it'll interesting to see what he can do. This is the time of year where big-name prospects like Upton are starting to come up (not that Patterson is a big-name prospect), so it'll be nice to see our own higher-ceiling position players get a shot here and there as a preview.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    My thought here was that with Murton back up, there really almost wasn't a need for another bat at all. Without Patterson, I count four true OFs and five true IFs, plus DeRosa doing both. Given that, I've gotta assume that Patterson is auditioning for someone else's job.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    Pie won't be back for a bit. He needs to play every day to develop his skills, and right now there are two CFs that are playing pretty good defense and swinging the bat better than Pie.
    Since the Cubs sent Pie back down, his line is:

.333/.373/.573/.945 in 22 games going 32/96 with 19R, 3 2B, 1 3B, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 6 BB, 21 K, 3/5 SB.

He definately needs to work on his plate recognition (cutting down on the Ks and upping the BB) but his stroke is there and his defense in CF would save us exponientally. I'm still a little perplexed by the Patterson callup especially at this time (and we're starting his options clock). Since the AAA All-Star Break here's EP's line:

.300/.355/.455/.810 in 25 games going 33/110 with 16 R, 6 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 16 RBI, 10 BB, 21 K, 2/6 SB

He's got nearly the same plate discipline as Pie while not providing nearly the same defensive ability. The only nod I'll give to Patterson is that he can most of the outfield and 2B, as well as SS too in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by PleaseWinAWorldSeriesCubs View Post
    I want to see Felix again. Maybe switch him and Murton off. Its not going to happen though, they already brought up Eric Patterson
    Pie won't be back for a bit. He needs to play every day to develop his skills, and right now there are two CFs that are playing pretty good defense and swinging the bat better than Pie.

Leave a comment:

• PleaseWinAWorldSeriesCubs
    replied
    I want to see Felix again. Maybe switch him and Murton off. Its not going to happen though, they already brought up Eric Patterson

Leave a comment:

• Lipsander
    started a topic Soriano Out = Playing Time for Murt?

Soriano Out = Playing Time for Murt?

Who else thinks Murton should get a nice chunk of playing time at this point. I would put him and see what he's got. What do you guys think?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X