Panic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic?

The last two games have been almost symbolic of a new glimpse of a team without Soriano. They were both difficult to watch, though it's arguable that both games we didn't have our best available lineup out there. It's a three game losing streak and Soriano's injury was demoralizing. There's no way he's going to be out for less than a month with a muscle tear. Does anyone think we're deep enough to grind this division out? Should we get somebody? What does everyone think of the Patterson? I personally don't think Milwaukee is very intimidating without Sheets. We got OWNED by Wandy Rodriguez and Woody Williams! What's everyone's attitude about this team down the final third of the season?

Take a look at the depth chart as of yesterday to get an idea of what they're planning for Patterson over the next few weeks. DeRosa is only listed at two positions (2B and 3B) whereas Patterson is listed at four (2B, 3B, SS, and LF). Now obviously DeRosa is still going to get time at RF and also at 1B if Lee needs a day off, but this is likely a test of Patterson to see how many different holes he can potentially fill next season.

Personally I'd like to see him thrown to the lions....bat him 2nd and make sure he doesn't fold under pressure like that other Patterson guy....
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      Take a look at the depth chart as of yesterday to get an idea of what they're planning for Patterson over the next few weeks. DeRosa is only listed at two positions (2B and 3B) whereas Patterson is listed at four (2B, 3B, SS, and LF). Now obviously DeRosa is still going to get time at RF and also at 1B if Lee needs a day off, but this is likely a test of Patterson to see how many different holes he can potentially fill next season.

Personally I'd like to see him thrown to the lions....bat him 2nd and make sure he doesn't fold under pressure like that other Patterson guy....
      It's a bad time to call EP to get his feel at different MLB positions. If we were out of the race or early in the season by all means but not when we are at a critical junction of the season. EP already has shown he's not like Corey, Eric works counts better, is a better contact hitter, and hasn't fallen become infatuated with his power. He's also not as fast as his brother nor plays near the caliber defense like Corey.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
        It's a bad time to call EP to get his feel at different MLB positions. If we were out of the race or early in the season by all means but not when we are at a critical junction of the season.
        I would agree wholeheartedly, unless he were being specifically confined to playing late innings in games that were already lost causes (I call it the Eyre Zone).
        Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
          It's a bad time to call EP to get his feel at different MLB positions. If we were out of the race or early in the season by all means but not when we are at a critical junction of the season. EP already has shown he's not like Corey, Eric works counts better, is a better contact hitter, and hasn't fallen become infatuated with his power. He's also not as fast as his brother nor plays near the caliber defense like Corey.
          I agree with that. Now isn't the time to get a feel for someone. We need someone that is going to produce undoubtably. I cannot believe we couldn't knock around Woody Williams. We need someone or a few to step up before we start to free fall.

Comment

It is a little late to get someone and the Cubs offense even with Soriano was nothing great. Even in July when everything was going right for the Cubs the offense wasn't all that great. The Cubs plan basically flopped for their starting position players and fortunately the Cubs had a good enough bench that it wasn't a complete collapse. But these guys are bench players and are not really frontline players.

Fotunately for us we don't need to be "deep enough" to win this division. My only fear was the Cards getting it together but fortunately Carpenter is out and they are starting to cool off a bit. The Cards had a chance to make up some serious ground and they didn't. They are still at 6 games back. The Brewers are in full collapse. They don't have a pitching. The Cubs have to get the bats going again and the pitching staff can't falter. The last part is a bit unlikely which is why the hitters have to start hitting, Lee has to step it up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X