Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the guy who I'm really missing right now is....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the guy who I'm really missing right now is....

Daryle Ward. A .333 PH capable of subbing (or starting) in the infield or outfield would be mighty handy right about now.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    Daryle Ward. A .333 PH capable of subbing (or starting) in the infield or outfield would be mighty handy right about now.
    I do too. What ever happened to him?
    MLB fan of the golden age: 1900-1950.

Comment

Originally posted by jeannie View Post
      I do too. What ever happened to him?
      On DL with calf strain.
      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        he should be back shortly.

Comment

listen.... once Aramis gets back to full health and Daryl ward get back they should be good enough to keep the Brewers to a 3 or 4 game lead until Soriano gets back which should likely be the end of august or early september. I still like the chances that the BREWERS will give let the Cubbies pass.... on the other hand I am seriously worried about the Astros. They played a hell of a series this last 3 days. Hats off to the stros unfortunately.
          Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ward will be with the team tonight in Colorado. They will make a decision today whether to activate him tonight or not. Bob and Len said he was 90 to 95% ready.

Comment

I guess as PH Ward has some value, but his career numbers are way below what he has managed in his last 200 AB's.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I don't know what to make of Ward. Yes, his career numbers are low. However, he's a guy that was at one point in his career considered a decent prospect and has talent, so maybe the year he's having isn't a total fluke.
                To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

It is 80 plate appearances. He is taking walks and getting singles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                    It is 80 plate appearances. He is taking walks and getting singles.
                    I think he meant over the last 3 years, when Ward hit over .300 each year, and which total around 200.

Comment

I was talking about this year. I'm saying there really isn't anything special about Ward. He takes a walk and that has been a constant for him all of this year. But he can't run, he isn't hitting for power, and he has so few AB's that basically anytime he gets a hit or two his BA jumps.

Ward over the last three seasons seems to have figured out how to hit against righties. Which is good considering he is a lefty and should be able to do that.

Comment

I was talking about this year. I'm saying there really isn't anything special about Ward. He takes a walk and that has been a constant for him all of this year. But he can't run, he isn't hitting for power, and he has so few AB's that basically anytime he gets a hit or two his BA jumps.

Ward over the last three seasons seems to have figured out how to hit against righties. Which is good considering he is a lefty and should be able to do that.
                        Taking a walk or hitting a single means there's a guy on base, not an out. No, he's not knocking in 20+ HRs like he did seven or eight years ago, but he is filling a role and doing this team more good than harm. He's also the one guy on the roster whose batting average doesn't tank when used as a PH.

Comment

Actually Daryle's PH batting average this year is .240. His batting average is high because of his games when he started as a first basemen. His OBP as a pinch hitter is high because of intentional walks. Without the IBB he was rather useless as a PH'er this year. A .240 BA, and a .280 SLG.
                          Last edited by Ubiquitous; 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Actually Daryle's PH batting average this year is .240. His batting average is high because of his games when he started as a first basemen. His OBP as a pinch hitter is high because of intentional walks. Without the IBB he was rather useless as a PH'er this year. A .240 BA, and a .280 SLG.
                            I thought I had seen it the other way around, but if you say so I'll believe you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X