Cubs Win Waiver Claim on Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Win Waiver Claim on Stewart

The Chicago Cubs have put a waiver wire claim on the Oakland Athletics OF Shannon Stewart. Meaning the two sides have two days to work out a deal. Stewart has had a history of injury problems in the past four years. Yet he’s had a productive year with a line of .298/.360/.401/761 while patrolling left field. Stewart physically can’t play another position other than left, you can put him in CF but it would be ugly. What scares me is the prospects that would be involved in this deal with the waiver wire in effect odds are that players on the 40man wouldn’t be involved. Meaning it’s prospects yet to be on the 40man roster or it’s PsTBNL that are currently on the 40man. Still it’s Beane we are dealing with. Shannon is a free agent at seasons’ end and is due around ~350K for the rest of the season. He wouldn’t help our power outage but he would help be a table setter in a lineup that needs men on base.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Who goes off the 25-man to make room for him, in your estimation?
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      Who goes off the 25-man to make room for him, in your estimation?
      Felix Pie or Eric Patterson. I would like to see us work out a deal for Jones, but that won't happen.

Comment

i don't know why we need another outfielder, we already have Soriano, Jones, Floyd, Murton, and Pagan who are all capable of playing and Pie and Patterson need some PT to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
          I would like to see us work out a deal for Jones, but that won't happen.
          Yeah that's not going to happen, though he could easily pass through waivers meaning we could trade him to anybody. Our best shot would be if we found another player who passed through waivers and was also due a 2008 contract, sort of a salary swap.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

If we pick up Stewart, that will be 2 of the 3 starting outfielders from the 2005 Twins. Unfortunately, neither happen to be Hunter, a personal favorite of mine.
            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
              If we pick up Stewart, that will be 2 of the 3 starting outfielders from the 2005 Twins. Unfortunately, neither happen to be Hunter, a personal favorite of mine.
              He is a free agent at the end of this year though. Honestly, I wish we had the extra $$$ to throw @ Rowand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                He is a free agent at the end of this year though. Honestly, I wish we had the extra $$$ to throw @ Rowand.
                Although I like Hunter a lot, I don't necessarily want to see the Cubs go after him because of the money it would take to get him. First thing is to wrap up Zman. After that, if there's a lot of money left over, it might still be better spent elsewhere.
                To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X