Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cubs Fan Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Cubs Fan Here

    Hey guys,

    My name is Ben. I am a loyal Chicago Cubs fan and have been since the year 2000. I used to love watching Sammy Sosa and Greg Maddux play in Cubs uniforms, if you couldn't tell by my screenname. I got to see Greg make his final career start as a Cub. That was a pretty cool experience.

    Anyways, I hope I get to know you guys. This seems like a pretty cool site, so I'll be sure to stick around. I write a ton of baseball articles, and am interested in posting them. Where should I go about doing this? (Don't want to break any rules)

    Go Cubs!,
    MadDog31 (a.k.a. SorianoFan12, LillyRocks)

  • #2
    Originally posted by MadDog31 View Post
    Hey guys,

    My name is Ben. I am a loyal Chicago Cubs fan and have been since the year 2000. I used to love watching Sammy Sosa and Greg Maddux play in Cubs uniforms, if you couldn't tell by my screenname. I got to see Greg make his final career start as a Cub. That was a pretty cool experience.

    Anyways, I hope I get to know you guys. This seems like a pretty cool site, so I'll be sure to stick around. I write a ton of baseball articles, and am interested in posting them. Where should I go about doing this? (Don't want to break any rules)

    Go Cubs!,
    MadDog31 (a.k.a. SorianoFan12, LillyRocks)
    Hi Ben--Welcome to the forum. I'm not a moderator, but I've noticed that they generally allow posting of Cubs related links. For example, you'll find a lot of posts linking to articles at Cubshub.com here. I think it's when people do things like post links to sites unrelated to the Cubs or use this site as a way to advertise a product that it crosses the line, and will eventually be deleted.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
      Hi Ben--Welcome to the forum. I'm not a moderator, but I've noticed that they generally allow posting of Cubs related links. For example, you'll find a lot of posts linking to articles at Cubshub.com here. I think it's when people do things like post links to sites unrelated to the Cubs or use this site as a way to advertise a product that it crosses the line, and will eventually be deleted.
      There is a little weirdness and inconsistency there. There was a thread that linked to another page concerning the Gagne trade rumors several months back. The post containing the link and several other posts mysteriously disappeared the following day. That could've been a memory leak though.

      I'd keep a Cubs blog and link to it from here. I kept a Cubs blog until I started posting here, but the phenomenon of having someone other than my gf to talk to about Cubs stuff made me have a whole lot less to blog about.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

      Comment


      • #4
        The articles I write will not be linked to another site-- I can just post them!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
          I kept a Cubs blog until I started posting here, but the phenomenon of having someone other than my gf to talk to about Cubs stuff made me have a whole lot less to blog about.
          thank god i have a few friends that are BIG cubs fans, but even that doesnt really cut it. thats why i still post on here.
          ~~~~~The woods are full of wardens.~~~~~

          Comment


          • #6
            Cubs fans need to unite to stop the evil empires- the Southsiders, Cardinals and Astros

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skinhead87 View Post
              thank god i have a few friends that are BIG cubs fans, but even that doesnt really cut it. thats why i still post on here.
              My gf is a true fan and a former standout softball player, so she actually gets it. Unfortunately she also prefers AL ball, and I very much prefer NL ball.
              Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                My gf is a true fan and a former standout softball player, so she actually gets it. Unfortunately she also prefers AL ball, and I very much prefer NL ball.
                me and my friends are all cubs fans from our own families. its pretty much in our blood, but for me its from my mom's side. my pops is a big cardinals fan, but passed january of last year.
                ~~~~~The woods are full of wardens.~~~~~

                Comment


                • #9
                  I really love talking about Cubs related things on here. You will always find a good debate and/or conversation on here. I really like this place.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i have a couple of questions... first,do they allow white sox fans in here,lol,and secondly,rewinding back to 2003,( yes i know it hurts),does any remember after the " BARTMAN INCIDENT" Dusty Baker taking a walk out to the mound to settle down Prior..i mean heres a kid in the biggest game of his life and to have a freak play like that happen,seems to me you go ut and try and settle him down...and lets not forget our good friend Gonzalez at short...but its all behind me,as is the the ball between the legs of Durham..ugh

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oh by the way,it wasnt Bartmans fault

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Welcome to the forum, rlr6507. Doesn't matter what fan you are to discuss the Cubs here.
                        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X