Rapada is PTBNL on Monroe deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapada is PTBNL on Monroe deal

I had hoped he would end up being one of the two lefties in the pen next year along with Piggy, but such is life. Monroe is certainly more valuable.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    I had hoped he would end up being one of the two lefties in the pen next year along with Piggy, but such is life. Monroe is certainly more valuable.
    When it came out that the PTBNL was a lefty reliever on the 40 man roster, it was pretty much a no brainer that Rapada was the man.

As for Monroe, he costs much more, but I don't know how "valuable" he really is. Sure he'll hopefully help the next month or so but there is a good chance that he's not here next year due to his arbitration status.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
      When it came out that the PTBNL was a lefty reliever on the 40 man roster, it was pretty much a no brainer that Rapada was the man.

As for Monroe, he costs much more, but I don't know how "valuable" he really is. Sure he'll hopefully help the next month or so but there is a good chance that he's not here next year due to his arbitration status.
      I agree, but Rapada is as of yet unproven at the MLB level. If Monroe is used primarily as a PH against lefties, he could help down the stretch. Rapada is likely not yet ready to contribute, and we'll have options for other lefty relievers in the offseason.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X