Zambrano!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zambrano!?!?!?

Ok, Its time to get the question out of the closet. What is up with Zambrano. I view/viewed him as one of the best pitchers in the Major League. At one point in July he had more wins than any other pitchers. I even bragged to my friends that he could win a Cy Young award if he keeps winning games like that. I think the thing I am most worried about is his anger problem. He is a very emotional player and when things arent looking good he loses his bearing and basically becomes useless as a pitcher, and starts walking around the mound talking to him self. If the Cubs arent in the lead when he is pitching he is terrible. I really hope he is slumping because, we are likely going to make the playoffs this year and he will not be somebody I want pitching during the playoffs if he is pitching like he has been lately. Thoughts?

Piniella just needs to learn what buttons to push to calm him down. Dusty had a better handle on that IMO.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      Piniella just needs to learn what buttons to push to calm him down. Dusty had a better handle on that IMO.
      I would agree there with you. Pinella needs to still figure him out.

Comment

After listening to Zambranos post game interview I have to admit I am pretty upset. He is upset because the fans were booing him and not giving him support. Sorry Z man but you just signed a very large contract that is gonna make you an even richer man and then you cant win a ball game for over a month, then yeah the fans are going to be pissed off. I remember telling and bragging to my friends in July that if Zambrano keep playing the way he has then he could win a Cy Young award. HA HA! not any more.

W L
        Zambrano------- 14 12
        Lilly------------- 13 7

What do you think of that? One more win for Lilly and he is our new Ace!
        Last edited by CUBS4VEDDER; 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CUBS4VEDDER View Post
          After listening to Zambranos post game interview I have to admit I am pretty upset. He is upset because the fans were booing him and not giving him support. Sorry Z man but you just signed a very large contract that is gonna make you an even richer man and then you cant win a ball game for over a month, then yeah the fans are going to be pissed off. I remember telling and bragging to my friends in July that if Zambrano keep playing the way he has then he could win a Cy Young award. HA HA! not any more.

W L
          Zambrano------- 14 12
          Lilly------------- 13 7

What do you think of that? One more win for Lilly and he is our new Ace!
          yeah i know every hardcore cubs fan was seeing the direct link between the cy young award and zman in july, but now.. i just dont know anymore. he needs to keep his cool. and who is he talking to at the mound? lilly will be our new trophy if he doesnt keep it cool.
          ~~~~~The woods are full of wardens.~~~~~

Comment

Ya know, Dusty would make a good bench coach for us. He would never give up his current job to be a bench coach. But he would make an excellent good-cop to Piniella's bad-cop. He knows how to calm guys down when they need a little help with their focus.
            Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vptpt View Post
              Ya know, Dusty would make a good bench coach for us. He would never give up his current job to be a bench coach. But he would make an excellent good-cop to Piniella's bad-cop. He knows how to calm guys down when they need a little help with their focus.
              Agreed, but in most situations it's tough for a coach to come back to his old team and work as an assistant under the guy who replaced him. I can only think of one situation where it happened and worked, and that was with Gunther Cunningham with the KC Chiefs.

So really it's Trammel who probably needs to figure out how to push Z's buttons.

Comment

well?

Well maybe he just needs to do his job and earn his paycheck. Headcase aside, if you want support from your fans, then win half your games after taking a $91.5m contract. Cubs fans are gracious enough to support that. Losing every single one of them while we're in a must win to make the playoffs situation is unlikely to create a stadium full of feel good tharapists who want you to find your "happy place". Grow up, win games, earn your check.

Comment

Originally posted by kirchcat View Post
                  Well maybe he just needs to do his job and earn his paycheck. Headcase aside, if you want support from your fans, then win half your games after taking a $91.5m contract. Cubs fans are gracious enough to support that. Losing every single one of them while we're in a must win to make the playoffs situation is unlikely to create a stadium full of feel good tharapists who want you to find your "happy place". Grow up, win games, earn your check.
                  I guarantee you though that he is going out there and putting forth the best effort he can muster everytime he's on the mound (or behind the plate). All players go through slumps. I doubt he's gone Rick Ankiel on us.

Comment

I think Bob Brenly had this one right yesterday. Big Z was fine until he ran the stop sign and tried to score and got tired. After that he was crap. I understand he loves to play the game, BUT.......he's a pitcher first and foremost. Take care of that first.

Comment

I doubt he's gone Rick Ankiel on us.
                      Let him go Rick Ankiel on us! Then we can put him in the outfield and let him hit homers and drive in runs all the time.
                      Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vptpt View Post
                        Let him go Rick Ankiel on us! Then we can put him in the outfield and let him hit homers and drive in runs all the time.
                        I had the same thought.

Comment

Yeah right, Z is more of a hacker at the plate than some of the nerds I work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                            Yeah right, Z is more of a hacker at the plate than some of the nerds I work with.
                            Couldn't be any worse than Randall Simon.

Comment

Couldn't be any worse than Randall Simon.
                              Agreed there, he was pathetic to nail that sausage he was with the Pirates at the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X