No announcement yet.

Carlos responds to booing fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're going to talk about Zambrano's contract, in my opinion, it's a reason Cubs fans SHOULD NOT be booing. What do you think he would have gotten in the open market? I guarantee he could have gotten a much better deal elsewhere, and he knew it when he signed.

Carlos wasn't one of my favorite players, but I'm starting to warm up to him now more than ever.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
      If we're going to talk about Zambrano's contract, in my opinion, it's a reason Cubs fans SHOULD NOT be booing. What do you think he would have gotten in the open market? I guarantee he could have gotten a much better deal elsewhere, and he knew it when he signed.

Carlos wasn't one of my favorite players, but I'm starting to warm up to him now more than ever.
      Totally with you, especially on the last part. It speaks volumes about his passion, integrity, and loyalty.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post

I never agree with booing your team...how does somebody boo a player on the team they love? Z said it best, when someone is struggling (on or off the field) that is when they need support the most.

It is very easy to be supportive when a guy and a team is doing well - a true fan is supportive when a player struggles. That is the difference between "diehard" and "fair weather".
        GO CUBS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkcat View Post
          I never agree with booing your team...how does somebody boo a player on the team they love?
          Do a google search for Lin Elliott.

Comment

Carlos gets emotional and he blows the game. The fans get emotional and they boo. If one is right or wrong so is the other. It doesn't matter if we are paying to watch the game or being paid to play the game, we are all emotionally invested in what happens on the field. No one person is less valid than the other, fans or players, that's what makes the experience awesome.

Comment

For everyone who said that the fans were wrong to boo, I think the booing is what finally got Big Z's head out of his [email protected]#. While he is out there giving 100%, he looses focus. Giving 100% doesn't do you any good if you aren't pitching well.

It is no different that a guy up at the plate with bases loaded, swinging as hard as he can and hitting a slow grounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkcat View Post
                I never agree with booing your team...how does somebody boo a player on the team they love? Z said it best, when someone is struggling (on or off the field) that is when they need support the most.
                It is very easy to be supportive when a guy and a team is doing well - a true fan is supportive when a player struggles. That is the difference between "diehard" and "fair weather".
                What a load of crap!! Why don't we all just have a hug fest on the field. When is that last time at your job that you repeatedly didn't do your job and you boss came up to and coddled you? And I am sure you aren't being paid 1,444,000 dollars a month. Let's put that in perspective.

If Big Z pitches 6 games a month and throws an average of 110 pitches per game that means he is paid

2,187 dollars for every pitch

or if he throws for 2 hours a game...

120,000 dollars per hour.

In other words....

He earns twice the median family annual income every hour he is on the mound.

These guys aren't little leaguers, they are highly paid professional athletes, with that pay comes expectations and resposibilities.

One more tidbit

The minimum Salary for a MLB is 360,000 per year.
                The salary for Lance Corporal in the Marines serving in Iraq is 18,404 per year.

20x less for a far more stressful job. And believe me, his Sgt is giving him hugs and kisses when he is screwing up.

Comment

Originally posted by cpomeroy View Post
                  What a load of crap!! Why don't we all just have a hug fest on the field. When is that last time at your job that you repeatedly didn't do your job and you boss came up to and coddled you? And I am sure you aren't being paid 1,444,000 dollars a month. Let's put that in perspective.

If Big Z pitches 6 games a month and throws an average of 110 pitches per game that means he is paid

In other words....

These guys aren't little leaguers, they are highly paid professional athletes, with that pay comes expectations and resposibilities.

One more tidbit

The salary for Lance Corporal in the Marines serving in Iraq is 18,404 per year.

20x less for a far more stressful job. And believe me, his Sgt is giving him hugs and kisses when he is screwing up.
                  That's an invalid comparison. The fans aren't his boss.

Comment

Originally posted by cpomeroy View Post

In other words....

One more tidbit

Hey there Mr. Tribune,

You can hug whoever you choose, Sir, but personally, I am not into hugging men. More importantly, I hope Cubs fans are fans of the team. It sure feels great to all stand together and sing "Go Cubs Go" after a big win...but booing the team you love is very "fair weather". Case you didn't know, that means when the weather is grand (after a win) you stand and cheer, and when the weather is fair (a loss) you boo. Please don't kick them too hard when they screw up - and please don't boo - and you can leave the hugging out.

Oh, and comparing military with baseball players?? I have special appreciation for soldiers "Mr. Let's put things in perspective" - so wise up buddy, baseball, professional or otherwise ain't life and death, baseball is a game. Have a great day!
                    GO CUBS GO!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X